Official Off Topic Thread

It is really childish to talk about somebody who left the place. And are you sure he left ? What if he didn't. Will you forget you just said and keep on like nothing happened ? Do we have to know if you like him or not. He was a good guy for me. He didn't start any DT vs SX threads or i don't remember he hurt anyone in the forum. What is that incomprehensible attitude goin on here ?

Thank you, I'm glad somebody said it!

I didn't remember this guy being a troll at all, and I honestly enjoyed watching the conversations you two had because I got to learn something about your respective cultures.

It's interesting how when somebody is hurt or offended, people are SO quick to blame that person instead of genuinely reflecting on how they might have contributed to the problem. Now I'm not sure what the issue was in this case, but I do agree that it's very nasty to talk about people after they've left.

It's interesting how when somebody is hurt or offended, people are SO quick to blame that person instead of genuinely reflecting on how they might have contributed to the problem. Now I'm not sure what the issue was in this case, but I do agree that it's very nasty to talk about people after they've left.

No, because it's the internet. He shouldn't be getting all butthurt over what someone literally half the world away says, and normal people don't spend time "reflecting" on the reason someone on the internet flips out. I think people need to learn to grow up instead.

89531a8642da96dcc2b6f00c4f61aadb.gif

Thank you, I'm glad somebody said it!

I didn't remember this guy being a troll at all, and I honestly enjoyed watching the conversations you two had because I got to learn something about your respective cultures.

I thank you for understanding what i tried to say.

I bet the next big thing is gonna be Firefox vs Internet Explorer threads.
There should be no bebate between this because of 2 reasons.

1) Firefox is a LOT faster. Try using it for a while then go back to IE. I did, and it was shit.

2) There are more important things to worry about like the fact that THE BORAT MOVIE ABSOLUTELY PWNS!!!!!!!!!! I just saw it then and it was the funniest thing I have ever seen........ ever!!!

1. Firefox is NOT a lot faster. You probably just have the right setup.
Firefox is still easier to use, and even the new tabbed explorer is a hell of a lot more of a pain in the ass to use than Firefox. plus yeah, it's faster over here too. Obviously if it defaults to "fast", they're doing something right.
2. Borat is overrated
Wrong. Sascha is one of the funniest commedians of our time. The Ali G show has always been funny, and the Borat movie was golden.
3. The firewall on firefox is the most annoying and obstructive thing I've experienced.
Um... again, i've never had any problems with it. You musta got a broken version.

No, because it's the internet. He shouldn't be getting all butthurt over what someone literally half the world away says, and normal people don't spend time "reflecting" on the reason someone on the internet flips out. I think people need to learn to grow up instead.

And acting like the people on the other side of the screen are there to be your punching bags after you've had a bad day at work/school/real life is "growing up"? Hiding behind the computer screen just so you can say things that would earn you a punch to the face in real life isn't exactly mature. Yet that's what so many people seem to use their Internet time for.

Has anyone tried to upgrade a very first install of windows XP to the latest SP2 + IE7??
Dude, you don't know where to begin... You've got like a Zillion upgrades... Stupid Windows suckers.
it's the same with Win2K, which is even harder to upgrade... They're already at SP4... But then again, nobody uses win2K anymore, do they... So, let's cut the support for win2K... yeah, right, M$, right...

So you've come this long way installing al the updates and Finally! IE7 can be installed!
it sucks... really... too many stupid preferences to adjust.

not to say that FF runs on any windows, linux and macintosh compu... so if any of you, with your stupid XP SP2, which has cost you at least € 100, says that IE7 is better than FF, which runs on ANY machine, including my uber Ubuntu Linux system, which is totally FREE...
about the speed... I don't know. I opened IE7 and to load the homepage of my provider (http://breedband.telenet.be) for the first time (page was not yet in cache), it took like 5-7 seconds... Now, in FF, it took 3.
I don't know what you're experiencing, Tubbs, but you must be an exception :)

about linux:
it's not. It's not.
in the last year, alot of new things were discovered and programmed for linux.
- you can read and write all your ntfs files (your windows partition)
- you've got the really nice windowing system Xgl - Beryl (google for it, you'll see ;) )
- you can run alot of windows applications with Wine. (yes, also those windows 98 progs you can't run anymore now in XP.) alot is not all of them, but don't underestimate it.

some other things:
- no virusses and trojans. Never.
- no XP blue screens
- no special configs after installing

if you're in doubt, just go for it. See for yourself. Every standard installation is packed with alot of software, which is not the case in ANY windows installation. The days of commandline setups are over. Everything runs smoothly now.

Amen.

Yeah come on people, lets not go all wussy now. Symphony X fans ( if nemesis ven was a fan) are certainly not wussies.

And acting like the people on the other side of the screen are there to be your punching bags after you've had a bad day at work/school/real life is "growing up"? Hiding behind the computer screen just so you can say things that would earn you a punch to the face in real life isn't exactly mature. Yet that's what so many people seem to use their Internet time for.

If he flipped out over someone telling him to scroll up and catch up, instead of just jumping into the middle of a thread and not reading the subject matter, then he has to grow some thicker skin. NOBODY used him as a punching bag. NOBODY insulted him. He's more than welcome to come back, but that choice is his, & his alone.

J-Dubya

Firefox is still easier to use, and even the new tabbed explorer is a hell of a lot more of a pain in the ass to use than Firefox. plus yeah, it's faster over here too. Obviously if it defaults to "fast", they're doing something right.

Wrong. Sascha is one of the funniest commedians of our time. The Ali G show has always been funny, and the Borat movie was golden.

Um... again, i've never had any problems with it. You musta got a broken version.
Look, I have always hated Firefox, and nobody is going to convince me to change my mind. As for Borat, I can't stand people who think it's funny to make fun of smaller countries.