Official Off Topic Thread

Very nice.

Neg, if you like that sound, you should take a listen to some Don Ross or Laurence Juber. Both are incredibly talented on an acoustic (alternately tuned) guitar.

I'll check em out, thanks for the recommendations. I'm a HUGE sucker for acoustic guitar...it's gotta be the most beautiful instrument ever, second only to MAYBE a solo grand piano.

I'll check em out, thanks for the recommendations. I'm a HUGE sucker for acoustic guitar...it's gotta be the most beautiful instrument ever, second only to MAYBE a solo grand piano.

Just glad to share! I hope you like them. Grand piano is wonderful, and pretty much has it all when it comes to music. Pipe organs are nice as well. I like the sound of a Koto and a Harpsichord.

Hey MoFo, what is the site where you get all those mini Symphony X banners in your signature???

prog, the banner in my signature isn't on userbars.com as far as I know. I just decided to make it a while back, so I did. If you want to use it, feel free.
The url for it is: http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c208/MoFo5/Image1.gif

Criticism =/= catching shit. I don't see anything wrong in expressing opinions and trying to criticize someone's artistic work in a good manner. Or do you prefer hypocrisy to that? :Smug:

I'm not addressing this to those who actually had productive advice for things to do in the future, but people like Kenneth R. have GOT to can the name-calling. Go back up in that thread and read his post where he calls Tubbs an "attention whore," and that's not the only place where he continues in such a personal vein.

And for some of the rest of you, when are you going to figure out that just walking up to someone who's having a problem and telling somebody "snap out of it," "suck it up," or other things along those lines actually rubs it in ten times worse? That does not improve the situation.

I'm not addressing this to those who actually had productive advice for things to do in the future, but people like Kenneth R. have GOT to can the name-calling. Go back up in that thread and read his post where he calls Tubbs an "attention whore," and that's not the only place where he continues in such a personal vein.

And for some of the rest of you, when are you going to figure out that just walking up to someone who's having a problem and telling somebody "snap out of it," "suck it up," or other things along those lines actually rubs it in ten times worse? That does not improve the situation.

Who's fault is that if someone can't suck it up and take it? I mean, seriously, and this goes for EVERYONE who posts anything on this forum expecting to make a name for themselves in the music world or whatever... if you can't take the negative comments from a few people on a forum, how are you going to put it out there for the whole world to hear? Honestly, and not to stroke his ego any, but you should be fucking thanking Kenneth for bringing a dose of reality in. Sure, it's not always the most tactful thing, but it does someone a hell of a lot better than kissing ass all the time.

Since when did people get so thin skinned? And again, i'm not saying tubbs in particular. It's fucking ridiculous that someone says something MILDLY offensive (look at some of the other forums and you'll thank christ that you're here!) and everyone shits their drawers.

</rant>

On another note, I'm gonna start taking guitar lessons from Conrad Simon in january. I'm heading over to his place for an evaluation shortly. It's gonna be so fucking awesome!!