Official Off Topic Thread

Z wrote
Who's fault is that if someone can't suck it up and take it? I mean, seriously, and this goes for EVERYONE who posts anything on this forum expecting to make a name for themselves in the music world or whatever... if you can't take the negative comments from a few people on a forum, how are you going to put it out there for the whole world to hear? Honestly, and not to stroke his ego any, but you should be fucking thanking Kenneth for bringing a dose of reality in. Sure, it's not always the most tactful thing, but it does someone a hell of a lot better than kissing ass all the time.

This is true...if you put your music out there you have to take the good with the bad.....also maybe you should be careful as to when to expose people to your music...meaning if its supposedly a rough demo, not mixed, unfinished, a few random riffs thrown together, was recorded 5 years ago on a tape deck at a jam without a bass player then maybe you should keep it under wraps for a little longer...you know?

that being said

check out a Taliesin track that was recorded 3 or 4 years ago but is now in its first stages of mixing :lol:

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

also i would like to state for the record that i think Kenneth R is a bad person with a mean streak and his viscious attack on Tubbs was uncalled for and deserves a severe wrist slapping.

Reactions: theVikingR
Who's fault is that if someone can't suck it up and take it? I mean, seriously, and this goes for EVERYONE who posts anything on this forum expecting to make a name for themselves in the music world or whatever... if you can't take the negative comments from a few people on a forum, how are you going to put it out there for the whole world to hear? Honestly, and not to stroke his ego any, but you should be fucking thanking Kenneth for bringing a dose of reality in. Sure, it's not always the most tactful thing, but it does someone a hell of a lot better than kissing ass all the time.

Since when did people get so thin skinned? And again, i'm not saying tubbs in particular. It's fucking ridiculous that someone says something MILDLY offensive (look at some of the other forums and you'll thank christ that you're here!) and everyone shits their drawers.

</rant>

/me applauds the rant.

J-Dubya

Bliss Ninny's gotta be Rose Immortal, I guess Kenneth is the Evil Clown.. Who's the fanboi?

My intended answers (respectively):

Tubbs (though I guess Ptah fits the description, too)
RI
Zach

I had a hard time picking out which one Kenneth was, I guess because he's so unique he can't be boxed into a single category.

If anyone thinks that I can't dish it out and take shit at the same time, let me just say that I've been a part of several Internet communities over the years and I've been called everything from the generic "fucken cunt" to the poetic yet racially insensitive "dune coon." There are always going to be trolls wherever you go, and while ideally, no one should be insulted, it's going to happen anyway.

Wasn't really sure where to put this, but I had to share...

Apparently in the year end issue of Brave Words and Bloody Knuckles, Dark Empire's Distant Tides got #2 best indie album of 2006!!! :danceboy: Im trying to get my hands on a copy of the issue, or at the very least a scan. Its the one with Lamb of God on the cover (issue 101).

And before anyone asks, a band named Dark Haven got #1