Official Off Topic Thread

I'm kinda sad that when I go to college, I have to get a Mac. It's mandatory. :erk: I'm still gonna keep this laptop though for Linux.

I recently started to use browsers other than IE, and i gotta tell you, Opera is great as a web browser. It is faster than IE (i don't know why), and it doesn't open any pop-ups or advertisements on web pages. Also you can load lots of stuff in it to make it as you like. I also used Firefox, but i think Opera is better. Try it.

Is it me, or this post kinda seems like an advertisement itself :)

I recently started to use browsers other than IE, and i gotta tell you, Opera is great as a web browser. It is faster than IE (i don't know why), and it doesn't open any pop-ups or advertisements on web pages. Also you can load lots of stuff in it to make it as you like. I also used Firefox, but i think Opera is better. Try it.

Is it me, or this post kinda seems like an advertisement itself :)

The camera's are rolling... :lol:

Better than I thought it would. I played my pieces successfully on my nylon string, whipped out my electric and played some assorted OBP riffs and solos just to show them what kind of stuff I already do, i screwed up on the sight reading, but made up for it on the Call & Response and improvisation parts of the audition.

And they were even more impressed with the pieces when I told them that I'd been playing classical guitar for only 4 months or so.

Reactions: Beelzebub
Better than I thought it would. I played my pieces successfully on my nylon string, whipped out my electric and played some assorted OBP riffs and solos just to show them what kind of stuff I already do, i screwed up on the sight reading, but made up for it on the Call & Response and improvisation parts of the audition.

And they were even more impressed with the pieces when I told them that I'd been playing classical guitar for only 4 months or so.

Awesome Dude!

:headbang:

J-Dubya

I'll see what I can do... I'm not really up with all the methods of how to get it online, maybe I could try doing it with my dad's digital camera or something...

Anyway, to give you an idea, I played:

Gavotte/Musette- J.S. Bach
Lagrima/Adelita- F. Tarrega
Prelude/Sarabande/Bourree- R. De Visee

I only started learning at the beginning of my final year of school (start of 06), so I was pretty pleased with the amount of progress I made to do ok at my audition...

EDIT: I went to an info day at the uni, and i feel very insignificant at the moment... :erk: I'm gonna have to practice my butt off to keep up I reckon...