Official Off Topic Thread

Speaking of temps.....I'm a polar bear myself. Today was the first day in a week it got above 0 degrees in st. paul. Windchill's were down in the -20s/-30s. Back home in MT there have been a few times where the temperature drops down as low as -40 WITHOUT windchill. My first winter there, we had one day where it dropped down to the -60's (with windchill).

I just found out there is a law in Michigan, that if the wind chill drops to -20 degrees Fahrenheit or below, all schools MUST close. The wind chill was -18 today :(

SR wrote
on a brighter note, anyone see the aussie biggest loser last year? i noticed adro is doing the subway ads now.. man he is hot.. i always thought he was pretty ok, even at his biggest..but now.. dayum! gives me a reason to watch tv..

I actually met Adro (nice guy)in Sydney late last year in Leichardt...he was going to see a cosmetic surgen about having the massive amount of loose skin removed,restitched or whatever they do.....you can't lose that amount of weight and not be left with mega sag.
If you got a chance to shag him Charis i think you'd want the lights off or the clothes on :)

SR wrote

I actually met Adro (nice guy)in Sydney late last year in Leichardt...he was going to see a cosmetic surgen about having the massive amount of loose skin removed,restitched or whatever they do.....you can't lose that amount of weight and not be left with mega sag.
If you got a chance to shag him Charis i think you'd want the lights off or the clothes on :)
he was on today tonight or a current affair a couple of weeks ago waffling on about the excess flab. the pre-surgery shots weren't pretty but they didnt show him post-surgery.
dont think his missus would be too happy for anyone else to shag him though...

I just found out there is a law in Michigan, that if the wind chill drops to -20 degrees Fahrenheit or below, all schools MUST close. The wind chill was -18 today :(
in the four years i lived in alaska, there were only 2 school closure days and that was because we had 3 feet of snow in less than 24 hours and even the snow ploughs were having trouble getting around. the wind chill in anchorage and north of there regularly drops the temperature to well below -40F but thats never reason to close schools there... the lower 48 people are wimps compared to alaska standards, lol!!!

Yeah, that how it should be. I wish Great Falls (montana....where I'm from) had something like that in effect. Even with the way it snows, the way the roads get, and the way temperatures there's only been one school closing due to weather since 1954 or something crazy like that. Technically, they are supposed to close school when the boiler goes down.....but their response to that is "wear a jacket" lol. Oh well, at least I enjoy the cold.

Taliwakker said:
SR wrote

dont be mean.. he seems lovely!

... Since when was that a curse word?

Anyway, Battle of the Bands auditions today. The recording on the OBP myspace page is officially one year old now, and somebody please find a way to help me convince my bandmates to work on the fucking demo already.