Official Off Topic Thread

it was cool... i'm kinda in the middle of writing about the whole trip and i'll post links in a bit. i have the first part (pre-wacken) done and you guys can check it out here:
http://fallenearth.org/blogs/kenji/archives/002116.html
yeah, everyone is free to read it, and comment on it. by the way shreddie, i'm really sorry to hear you are sick... that sounds like the opposite of fun.

anyway, part 2 (the festival) should be done tomorrow... i'm tired right now (it's a bit past 1).

there is a certain novelty to visiting a tent that says "metal breakfast" in big letters...
as for gamma ray, you may know this but their double live album is coming out soon... it should give you an idea of what's in store

I got a Symphony X tab book today! It's got tabs for guitar, bass, vocal, keys, and drums. I only need the guitar part of course lol...but it's really cool. It's all in Japanese too. But I'm really excited about it. I really very desperately want to learn some of their songs, so I think I will spend all day tomorrow learning one. It only has 7 songs in it, but that's ok.

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
What songs?

It's supposedly a 'best of', but whoever picked these songs....whatever.

Dressed to Kill
Of Sins and Shadows
Sea of Lies
Smoke and Mirrors
Through the Looking Glass
Fallen
Communion and the Oracle

the picks off of divine wings and twilight are great, but I wish it had edge of forever, or egypt instead of the others. It's ok though I still love it :D

Raise Hell is melodic death metal... i would suggest checking them out. Not totally technical or anything, but not crap. The vocals remind me more of sound of perseverance era death or HCDR Alexi.... kinda a mix between the two i suppose.