Official Off Topic Thread

first day back at uni this avo.. interesting subjects this year: brain and behaviour, learning and behaviour, describing and analysing behaviour, health psych, forensic psych, human development across the lifespan, experimental investigation and analysis of behaviour, and memory and cognition.

Theories of Knowledge & Reality
World Geography
Napoleon - Present (these 3 were freshie classes I just never took.)

Electromagnetics 2
Microwave Electronics
Senior Design
Technical Writing
Differential Equations & Linear Algebra (another prereq I just never took.)

:)

Hmmm, next week's subjects:
Scientific Thinking (why it has to be on Mondays? :lol: )
Writing (research and stuff)
Furniture restoration
Art History & Aesthetics

Kenneth R. said:
electrical engineering.
music minor.

Agalloch sig = WIN.

Diff EQ is an easy class, i'm probably going to test out of it. calc 2 was much harder, calc 3 comparable. neither of these hold a candle to some of the 500 level and 600 level stuff.

ah cool, we got a boy who works with us doing that at uni.. anything to do with engineering just sounds impossible to me however.

the hardest subjects we apparently have for the whole course is the two statistics ones (the analysis ones i mentioned before) - but we shall see.. they also said the stat one last year would be really hard and i found it really simple, but im preparing myself for them to be ultra difficult just in case..

I'm gonna buy an Ibanez Xiphos, it's too sweet of a deal to pass up.

That looks a killer guitar!!! :headbang: Isn't it the sig model for the guitarist of Necrophagist?

one class for me, Workflow Management... yay. Low-level Petri Nets for the first 3 weeks - mind numbing >_< Cheapest text book ever at $40 AUD though.

Where abouts are you doing that?

I had my first day at Uni today, i'm doing a Diploma in Classical Music, Majoring in Classical Guitar... Today I had 1 class, Sound Production A, which was actually really interesting, and I just practiced in one of the practice rooms for the rest of the day... o_O I wore my G306 T-shirt, just to let everyone know where I was at musically... :Smug:

Hmmm, (I don't understand latin or french or spanish or whatever that last phrase was... :D ) Anyway, good luck with that mate, I'm at Adelaide Uni... At the Elder Conservatorium Of Music, which I love saying cos it sounds really posh... :lol: Sucks though, cos it's a VET course, and I can't get HECS, I have to pay the thing up front, which put my new guitar on hold... :erk:

I don't understand French either, it's just "such is life" or something similar.

How much does the Diploma set you back? I'm thinking of studying something in the near future (within a year or two) that I can perhaps pay for as I go.