Official Off Topic Thread

I hate you right now.
To make you hate me even more, I neglected to mention that I met him afterwards, shook his hand, and got his autograph on my ticket, poster etc... :D

BTW, that LOTR thing is hilarious!!! :lol:

Paul Gilbert didn't make it to Canberra :(

I'm sorry to hear that... Maybe he should have gone there instead of one of the NZ cities...

To each his/her own. I think they're badass.

I agree with Brandon.... necrophagist is getting a little too popular with the metalcore/fag crowd for my tastes, but they're one of the few purely tech bands that keeps my interest.

I don't mind their music, but IMO they try just a little too hard to be 'badass'...

Hooray!!! Tony MacAlpine finally updated some news and tour dates on his site!!! He also answered a whole load of questions on his forum, and added me as a friend on myspace :D (after about 3 attempts before he got to it... He must have had heaps to go through, cos his friends count has increased dramatically... ) He's got a new album coming out towards October, and a big tour and filming a live dvd (finally). Anyway, just thought you'd like to know (especially you Montu, cos I know how much you love the guy and his awesome guitar/piano work... :p ) Anyway, I think I'll go to bed now, and listen to Tony MacAlpine- Evolution to celebrate... :D :D :D

We're having an international week in our university. There are teachers visiting from US, UK, Italy, New Zealand etc. Too bad they all teach design instead of restoration. Nevertheless it's nice to chat with foreign visitors.

onset of putrefaction is top 5 greatest tech death albums ever, right up there with death - sound of perseverence/human, atheist "unquestionable presence, cynic "focus", and gorguts "obscura"