Official Off Topic Thread

anime258.jpg

The guy has balls... Those are some of the vocally expansive singers around.
I agree with that, but I have to say that I wasn't very impressed when I watched those videos. If I randomly heard him singing somewhere, then yeah, I'd think he was good, but I'm very surprised that he won. I'm not even sure if he'd make it past the first round of the American version. :erk: He obviously has potential though; he just needs some more training in my opinion.

out of curiosity.....what did the judges on that Finnish Idol show think of that guy? I found some videos that showed them talking, but I couldn't understand any of it. The guy has a long way to go, but it is kinda cool to see someone in such a contest choosing those kinds of tunes.

Contests and tv shows like Idol and Eurovision are 99% pure crap in my opinion - and by crap, I mean huge disgusting uneven-colored piles of unknown origin and consistence.

out of curiosity.....what did the judges on that Finnish Idol show think of that guy? I found some videos that showed them talking, but I couldn't understand any of it. The guy has a long way to go, but it is kinda cool to see someone in such a contest choosing those kinds of tunes.

At first the judges considered him great but after a while he got criticized for choosing always the metal songs and therefore not stepping out of his area of expertize. He wasn't taking any risks. In the last finals he hit the jackpot with his songs (Still Loving You, Black Hole Sun (choice of the judges), Fullmoon) and finally the judges gave recognition to him.

People decided and he won by getting 57% of the votes.

My boss embarrassed the crap out of me last night by gushing about what a good worker I am..in front of the entire staff of our area (50+ people) during an update meeting. Way cool to know that he thinks that much of me & my work, but SO embarrassing (and yes, reports have it that my face was bright red the whole time :oops:).

Of course, the people on my line had to give me grief the rest of the night, that ranged from "have I mentioned what an honor it is just to know you?" to "so how does it feel to have the supervisor kissing your ass?"..sheesh. :lol:

Come to find out that my lead knew he was going to do it, she just wasn't aware he was going to do it in front of everyone..rofl. I'm definitely not complaining, overall, though..I guess getting kudos at all is a rare thing there, so I'm quite honored that in all the time I've worked there, I'm the only one he's done that for; and in front of everyone, no less.

Still embarrassing as hell, though. :lol: