Official Off Topic Thread

Doesn't matter if he's got good points or not JDub, he's still douchebag. And yeah, like i said, some of it is relevant. Other parts (for example... why the need to mention the dude was "Non-american"?) make me laugh because it's so obvious he's just another redneck. Intelligent, yes, but still oh so ignorant.

So Dubya , fight fire with fire then?

Yep, don't know how many "victims" of this kind of stuff you have in your family, but theres a few in mine, including myself. Would you rather sit and "talk it out" with someone like this who's obviously reached the point of no return? I wouldn't. I'd rather die trying to take him out. In the VA situation, the ONLY way to do that is with deadly force. It's a moot point since he took his own life, too bad he just didn't do that right off the bat. There is NO cure for this kind of thing. Ban all guns? Sure, all the gangbangers will be lined up at the police station to turn theirs in. There is no perfect way, but crime is definately down in areas where concealed carry is 100% legal.

Zach - I'm not saying everything in Ted's opus is 100% on track, politically correct, nor am I condoning ALL of it. Cho WAS a non American, not that it matters....

Zach - I'm not saying everything in Ted's opus is 100% on track, politically correct, nor am I condoning ALL of it. Cho WAS a non American, not that it matters....

That's what i'm saying... it doesn't matter. But it ain't no hair off my nuts. I honestly don't care one way or the other. I know, people always bitch about apathy and how it makes things worse, but honestly... what the fuck are you gonna do? This isn't an issue of gun control, it's an issue of a fucked up dude who would have FOUND a way to do what he did. And he did it. Guess what? Overall, my life is unaffected. I'm not saying i don't have any sympathy for the families and the students because of course you do... but how is worrying about it going to help?

At any rate, like i said i'm apathetic. Hope it doesn't happen again, but it will. And no matter what kind of gun control or parental supervision you have, it will fucken happen again.

:danceboy:

I'll be totally honest... people from turkey have no sense of humor whatsoever. Or else the sense of humor doesn't translate.

Here's the basic deal: Of course shooting or whatever the fuck was being discussed isn't funny. A lot of us like to laugh at stuff that isn't funny because it makes the shitty world easier to deal with. Do we take this stuff less seriously? Not really, but i think we're generally a lot happier.

A quick example: Doctors and people who deal with death a lot often have very morbid senses of humor because otherwise you just can't make it through life. Little things help. Make sense? If not, you won't get it haha.

And i'm not trying to bitch, so don't take me seriously man.

If you don't want to be taken seriously, then why are you saying serious things? Besides, your words does not mean "totally being honest". That is nonsense, just your ultra subjective (and too much generalized) observation. Besides, I am not saying "people in Iraq are suffering, so you don't have the right to be happy" or "hey how can you lol at such a serious matter". If there had been something having a funny potential, i wouldn't say (or even think) such a thing. I am still looking, but not seeing anything to lol on that.

seriousbusiness.jpg

I was just watching a show we have out here called "Australia's got talent" and this dude stuck a clarinet mouthpiece in a carrot and played the carrot with holes he had drilled in it :lol:. Plus to make things even funnier he had another carrot attached to a balloon under his arm which acted as a bagpipes drone note. Then all these dancing vegetables came out on stage and started dancing around :lol:. This was the grand final btw. Seriously funny. Here's a vid of him playing a carrot as well as some sorta vege trombone + celery for the moving bit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUShITfsRDM

After him was an old guy playing the gumleaf. This was a serious act though. I think he played the theme from that movie called Ghost (i think thats what its called.... the one with patrick swayze). Last week he did imagine by the beetles. It was really amazing and he hit all the notes perfectly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpWUEEuXBtg