Official Off Topic Thread

Yeah right. Gildenow ruins PoS's albums IMO, and even if they had a competent singer they would still be incredibly average.

Nonsense. Daniel writes all POS stuff, and consequently all the vocal parts perfectly fit to his singing style. Gildenlow is perfectly competent in what he sings, whether you like it or not. Even though I sometimes find their music or lyrics superficial, i can not deny they sometimes touch to the points which no metal bands dare or are able to talk about, or that they musically are quite experimental and innovating at some exact moments . If we are just talking about the music here, i advise you to be honest to yourselves and not bash them (or Gildenlow) for their attitudes or ideas ;)

*Places curse on wankers who stole your stuff*

*Hands you voodoo doll* :devil:

Poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke.

Poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke.

I can site here and do this all day... Thanks! Maybe this should go in Charis' bored thread. We can all take turns.

Pok poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke...

:heh:

out of curiousity, what makes him incompetent in your eyes?

Maybe competent was the wrong word. Maybe if they had a "non-shitty" vocalist.

Nonsense. Daniel writes all POS stuff, and consequently all the vocal parts perfectly fit to his singing style. Gildenlow is perfectly competent in what he sings, whether you like it or not. Even though I sometimes find their music or lyrics superficial, i can not deny they sometimes touch to the points which no metal bands dare or are able to talk about, or that they musically are quite experimental and innovating at some exact moments . If we are just talking about the music here, i advise you to be honest to yourselves and not bash them (or Gildenlow) for their attitudes or ideas ;)

I'll bash them all I want. They suck IMO.

@ Montu

Ok then, what makes you think he's shitty?

Obviously you don't like them, so I'm not trying to argue with you as to whether they are a good band or whatever. If you're saying that based on preference or that you simply don't enjoy his voice, then say it...it's all good. Generally speaking, however, comments such as "if they had a competent singer" are used when you're trying to imply that someone is lacking in the ability to sing.

you know? As soon as I posted that video I knew you'd have something to say. Then as soon as I saw Mark's comment I thought to myself, "shit, J-dubb is going to unload". But wow, that is extremely tame compared to what I was expecting.....I'm confused.:confused:

It wasn't a strong enough pro-POS statement to warrant anything else.
Everybody has heard/read my POS rants, my hatred for PoS and more specifically DG, is legendary. Actually, they are great musicians, too bad their leader is such a fucking tool.

Everybody has heard/read my POS rants, my hatred for PoS and more specifically DG, is legendary. Actually, they are great musicians, too bad their leader is such a fucking tool.

Tool for what? Of Whom? Or tool used for what purpose?

I know, I was just messing with you a bit:) I just expected more of a response to the "down to earth part" since that's pretty much in direct opposition to your anti-Daniel rants:lol:

@ Montu

Ok then, what makes you think he's shitty?

Obviously you don't like them, so I'm not trying to argue with you as to whether they are a good band or whatever. If you're saying that based on preference or that you simply don't enjoy his voice, then say it...it's all good. Generally speaking, however, comments such as "if they had a competent singer" are used when you're trying to imply that someone is lacking in the ability to sing.

The 'IMO' should have been enough to state that it's my opinion.

If we know technically nothing about vocals; and especially about the use of falsetto, head voice etc..., we should not be entitled to shit around those fields. Instead, we must remain silent or avoid making pretentious statements in the issues in which we have no detailed knowledge or experience of any kind... To mean that Daniel Gildenlow is Incompetent as a vocalist is not sth. that anyone can get away just by saying "hey just IMO" or sth... Personally, Daniel is not in top 3 among my favourite vocalists, but i would never dare to insult his vocal abilities ;)