Official Off Topic Thread

This is going to be a first, but....

Ken, I 100% agree with that statement

I don't find that there are many vocalists who really convey their songs as well as Daniel, in any genre. There are also aren't a lot people who have a range that is comparable to his (in terms of both pitch and expression). He tends to deliver the goods in a live setting very well too. In all fairness however, there are some spots on their records where his intonation isn't always perfect (the backing vocals of "america" for instance) which can distract me at times, but oh well. I imagine he is at least aware of those spots and keeps them there because he thinks the take is a keeper overall, but I dunno (don't really care either). I'm also very impressed with how well he pulls the stuff off live (based on the many bootlegs I've seen/heard and the BE dvd).

At anyrate, I can feel the anger steaming out of J-dubbs ears so I'm done with the PoS discussion in this thread:D

I reckon Daniel Gildenlow would be awesome in a band like Freak Kitchen.

Don't make me want to hate you! :)

now you're just TRYING to bait J-dubbs :lol:

Yes, yes he is.....

This is going to be a first, but....

Ken, I 100% agree with that statement

I don't find that there are many vocalists who really convey their songs as well as Daniel, in any genre. There are also aren't a lot people who have a range that is comparable to his (in terms of both pitch and expression). He tends to deliver the goods in a live setting very well too. In all fairness however, there are some spots on their records where his intonation isn't always perfect (the backing vocals of "america" for instance) which can distract me at times, but oh well. I imagine he is at least aware of those spots and keeps them there because he thinks the take is a keeper overall, but I dunno (don't really care either). I'm also very impressed with how well he pulls the stuff off live (based on the many bootlegs I've seen/heard and the BE dvd).

At anyrate, I can feel the anger steaming out of J-dubbs ears so I'm done with the PoS discussion in this thread:D

I've actually seen PoS EVERY time they've played Prog Power here.
The last time, they were HORRIBLY underrehearsed, and even the PoS "lemmings" were getting a bit pissed off. Perhaps it's DG's apparant hatred for America, and his lack of "biting the bullet" for his American fans that upsets me. Do I give a fuck if he plays here again? Nope, couldn't care less. Do I have a lot of friends who DO like PoS, and would kill to see them do a tour here? You betcha. IMO, DG seems to have delusions that he's the Progressive Metal version of Bono. Perhaps he should take some advice from Mr. Zappa - shut up and play your guitar....

I'm not going to get into the whole fingerprinting issue again, I'll just lock the thread if it explodes

I've actually seen PoS EVERY time they've played Prog Power here.
The last time, they were HORRIBLY underrehearsed, and even the PoS "lemmings" were getting a bit pissed off. Perhaps it's DG's apparant hatred for America, and his lack of "biting the bullet" for his American fans that upsets me. Do I give a fuck if he plays here again? Nope, couldn't care less. Do I have a lot of friends who DO like PoS, and would kill to see them do a tour here? You betcha. IMO, DG seems to have delusions that he's the Progressive Metal version of Bono. Perhaps he should take some advice from Mr. Zappa - shut up and play your guitar....

I'm not going to get into the whole fingerprinting issue again, I'll just lock the thread if it explodes

fair enough, I wasn't there so I can't comment. I wasn't aware that they'd played more than once. I've only seen bootlegs of one of the Progpowers they did, which seemed pretty good but there was a noticeable lack of energy.