Official Off Topic Thread

That is truely some sick shit from The Wizard but Zappa was a sick individual. I'm assuming that is something from ? what do they call it ? Zappa does Zappa tour ? Is that Dwezel with the SG ?

So, I was cruising through Hasting's yesterday, one of our local music stores. I couldn't find too many CDs, but happened onto Kamelot. Lo and behold, what should I find, but the Ghost Opera CD stolen from my car (along with my golf clubs, yada yady) being sold as a used CD. So I took it out and went over to the Dream Theater section. No used copies of the special edition Systematic Chaos. But I found a worker and asked her if she could tell me when that Kamelot CD came in. The day after my car was broken into. I asked her if she could look up any copies of the Dream Theater CD that may have come in that day. She said, yes, a special edition CD was bought by the store that same day but sold a week ago.

Fucker.

I wonder if he/she was smart enough to use a fake ID to sell the CDs. I'm giving the info to the cops all the same.

What a douchebag.

A couple weeks ago, a band named Icarus Witch got a shitload of gear stolen at a show, including a USA Jackson and a brand new Suhr. Un-freeking-believeable

words couldn't describe the rampage I would go on if someone stole my Suhr (note: this is assuming I had a suhr). Was it at least pro-series so it was a little more replaceable?

It was a custom flame maple top Suhr. I feel so bad for those guys.

I know a couple guys in a band who also had some gear ripped off. The Auburn System if you know em.

:( I'm sad and angry for them. I'm assuming he would've posted the model/pics/serial# for the guitar somewhere as well as where it was stolen from....the one advantage he has is that a Suhr is not a common guitar to just stumble upon so hopefully he'll have some luck in getting it back.

Only if you promise to smear it around a bit and then write your name in it

Anyhow...just finished packing to go back to school tomorrow. I really thing I'm going to be done there after this year. I like the school a lot and all, but I hate St. Paul so much that it overshadows that. I literally feel physically sick at the thought of going back there tomorrow:puke: On the bright side, I'm getting back just in time for the Kamelot concert tomorrow night at Station 4 so maybe that'll make me feel a little bit better.

Man ....... stealing a starvin bands gear. Id stand in dangers way, if I saw that going down. I know most spend more on gear than they make and practice, set up, tear down, moving, and gigs is just for shits and giggles. I hate hearing about that shit. Its also kinda the same reason I dont watch the news anymore. If anyone remembers that was the underlying story in "The Song Remains the Same" not that Zep was starvin'.