Official Off Topic Thread

shoopforum.jpg

This is reply number 9000 in this thread (which means that there are over 9k posts here!) so I'll celebrate it with this video:

Last edited by a moderator:
So I had the final work day on friday. Now it's time to go back to my studies. Studying means I have now more time linger on this forum and chat in the manner of EPIC.

I must say this as I'm quite disappointed right now: WHAT on earth happened to the "ASK ROMEO" thing? Is it on indefinite hold? Will Romeo ever see the list of questions, much less answer them? I feel conned to say the least, especially since I haven't seen any updates since the questions were taken down.

I must say this as I'm quite disappointed right now: WHAT on earth happened to the "ASK ROMEO" thing? Is it on indefinite hold? Will Romeo ever see the list of questions, much less answer them? I feel conned to say the least, especially since I haven't seen any updates since the questions were taken down.

You didn't get your copy in the mail? Are you sure they have your address correct on the forum?

Hey, Jeff. How's CA?

Ok, I'm going WAY off topic here - has anybody had bad experiences with GM DexCool coolant in their >1995 GM car? I spent the last few weeks battling a leaky hose and this weekend I went to repair it. When I got the intake taken apart to reach the hose and eventually worked the hose free, I found the throttle body intake fully clogged with dried DexCool sludge. I took off the outlet hose as well and that nozzle was fully caked. So I took off the throttle body and started working on getting the clogs out. That wasn't going too well, so I took apart the throttle body and found the coolant reservoir on the bottom of the TB (don't ask me why they even need coolant routing through the TB in the first place) completely filled with dried sludge. So, now I know what caused the hole in the hose.

I've read a few websites relating DexCool problems around the nation with some people having to have head gaskets changed out. Luckily, I didn't have that happen (though that was my initial thought before finally finding the hole in the hose). It appears that if a coolant system using DexCool does not have the proper amount of coolant, the vapors from the coolant in the engine can condense and solidify into a nasty sludge. In my case, if found a nice stopping point and solidified completely.

Anybody else have any problems? I think I'll flush and go green.