Official Off Topic Thread

Ughh I can't find the sports thread so I'll just post here. Is anyone following the rugby world cup? I know the Aussies on the board will be. All Blacks are definitely the clear favourites to win, I'm quite proud.
This Aussie doesn't give two hoots about thugby. Much more interested in Aussie Rules finals atm... GO GEELONG!! (now that the Crows are out...)

There are a lot of topics on the forum. Think about it. We are really posting on a subforum. For some people that can be confusing. I'm not saying that it is hard to find. I found it, but different minds think differently. peice!

just got back from the rush show....fucking fantastic:headbang:

I'd have to say the highlight, for me, was Natural Science. This was the first time I've ever seen them so I was definitely more excited than the hordes of veterans sitting around me. Great videos too, the Tom Sawyer intro was fantastic:lol: DEFINITELY worth having to eat nothing but turkey sandwiches for the rest of the month.

Last edited by a moderator:
HUGE pioneer in the Fusion genre. Played with Miles Davis for a while and was a founding member of Weather Report. He wrote some a bunch of well known standards. In the world of jazz, he's kind of a big deal. He had many leather bound books and probably smelled of rich mohagany.

As far as why you care....well....you probably don't:)

the rules of engagement concerning Zach should be in the forum guidelines...

Anyway, the Rush show was amazing. Solid set list from start to finish...I can't think of any songs where it was like "oh man....next song please", which I wasn't expecting because I'm a big Rush fan. The visuals were great and their level of performance is up there with the best of them. It makes me very happy to see them performing at that level at their age. Geddy definitely was fighting for some of the higher notes, but he still sounded great. The new material comes off GREAT live. The crowd was great too, lots of hardcore fans....on second thought...the crowd was great OTHER than the hordes of the hardcore fans getting into pissing matches about who's seen Rush the most times, but for the most part it was great. I didn't lose my voice at all...I kept things tame because I had a sight singing test this morning and I didn't wanna not be able to practice on monday. My friend forgot to wear earplugs though and his head was throbbing too hard to even stop for food with me afterwards. I'll tell you what though....it's kinda weird being the 19 year old kid at the rush show who knows more of the lyrics than the 45 year old guy next to me:lol:

The only real bummer of the night was the guy next to me spilling his hot wings on my leg. Of course he was very apologetic, offered me a napkin, etc....it was also very clear that the guy on his other side bumped him. Oh well, no big deal at all. The REAL problem was that the wings smelled so goddamn amazing...so I went over to the concessions during the intermission to get some only to find out that the wings were $12 for 6 wings. I had the money...but there was no way I was spending 2$ per wing, no matter how amazing the smelled. So I starved during the second set.

however, on the way back to my apartment I stopped at mickeys and got a Steak Sandwich, Fries, coke, and a side of hashbrowns for 6 bucks or something like that. So in the long run, I win....I win hard. I've been craving hot wings since sunday night though:erk:

Speaking of Rush, my keyboard player is going to see a Rush show in Canada, even though it's on the same day as the biggest show we'll ever have (September 15th), so I guess we're shit out of luck. He's seen them before, but apparently his dad is making him go with him. Really annoying... our show isn't going to be very good without our keyboardist... he's a large part of the sound. I guess we'll just have to play like we've never played before to make up for it. :erk:

Haven't posted here for a while btw, mostly because I don't really have anything interesting to say here anymore.