Official Off Topic Thread

So I finally heard the new Epica, and now I'm pissed off 'cause that's a good $10 wasted right there.

Here's something for all you Boosh and ELP fans :)...

Vince from the mighty boosh looks like Keith Emerson at times. The resemblance is quite uncanny.

emersonws8.jpg

Sorry for the quality but you can get a better idea in the youtube link.

BooshGlamNoel.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX0vOYwHj30&mode=related&search=

Ok, third post in a row for good story timing. Today at work i almost fucked up biiiig. This story will make those who don't know me think i'm racist, but fuck y'all. That ain't how it is, it's just the first thing that popped into my head.

So i work for the state... everything is VERY pc. Well, i had to build a dummy for Law Enforcement training. It was just a regular white dude and the face was very "typical white criminal" looking. Short crew cut, angry eyes, square jaw. Kind of like the Punnisher, except like... bad. So anyway, i was talking with the middle-aged ladies on break about it and we were laughing and talking about how we should dress it. So one of them says "you should put a doo-rag on it" and I almost responded with "But he's not black". So i stopped myself and there was a very uncomfortable silence, since i'm pretty sure i was not the only one thinking that same thing.

Hooray for self-censorship and not getting fired.

Ok, third post in a row for good story timing. Today at work i almost fucked up biiiig. This story will make those who don't know me think i'm racist, but fuck y'all. That ain't how it is, it's just the first thing that popped into my head.

So i work for the state... everything is VERY pc. Well, i had to build a dummy for Law Enforcement training. It was just a regular white dude and the face was very "typical white criminal" looking. Short crew cut, angry eyes, square jaw. Kind of like the Punnisher, except like... bad. So anyway, i was talking with the middle-aged ladies on break about it and we were laughing and talking about how we should dress it. So one of them says "you should put a doo-rag on it" and I almost responded with "But he's not black". So i stopped myself and there was a very uncomfortable silence, since i'm pretty sure i was not the only one thinking that same thing.

Hooray for self-censorship and not getting fired.

:lol:I've been there before. Only I didn't censor myself because I didn't know I was doing something wrong. It was right after I moved to Montana (junior year of HS) and I was working at Pizza Hut. Now, Montana has a very prominent Native American population...unlike any other place I had lived. I had been at the Hut for about a week and they hired a Native American woman. There was another one who already worked there. They always called each other "squaw"...I had no idea what that meant but just assumed it was an equivalent to "dude" or something. So one day I was trying to get the attention of one of them and, not knowing her name, called her "squaw".

Turned out "squaw" is basically their slang version of "bitch", "slut-bag", "dirty fucken' whore". Talk about feeling REALLY fucken' horrible/embarassed:erk:

btw, :lol:@ your sig, which took me a good 6 minutes to decipher