Official Off Topic Thread

event.png

:lol:

Zack : "the answers lie in other threads. look for the clues young jedi"

Im too dense and couldnt figure it out, too much reading anyhow but hey! Have fun !

Heres my fun from the weekend, like anybody fucking cares.......

Saturday night, some of my friends had a reunion of their 80's metal band and played at the same place I saw SX, Northern Lights. The band - "M16", were one of the more popular local, Albany, NY acts in the mid/late 80's and always packed the bars back when there was lots of bars and bars had bands. They stuck to a hard driving pop metal routine, not the cheese either, like... Poison :puke:. They played stuff like Priest, Maiden, Sabbath, Ozzy, VH, good Dokken, Ratt (ok a bit cheezy), ect. You get the picture, stuff everyone had heard and would get the babes out on the dance floor. Im serious, these guys always packed where ever they played and Im talking the 80's, so your looking at around 50 babes with their big hair and faces all done up and spandex on long legs and tight asses, it were'nt all bad my friends, it were'nt all bad!

Anyhow they split around 87 or 88 and most went on to play in other bands that kept a good following. One of which had the two guitarist and one of my old friends on bass, I did the sound for them for a year. Well they put "M16" back together in the past three months and did a reunion show. So now all us old farts are there, the spandex has been replaced by loose blue jeans, hair has fallen out or been cut, people gained weight and wrinkles... but the band still rawked :headbang: We got drunk, howled and screamed and great fun was had by all.

The band had a better sound than SX did, though still not "perfect". It got better as things progressed as did the playing. They also had a bigger crowd. Origionally they planned on two, one hour+ sets but by the time they got done with the first everyone was pretty wound up so they played just over two hours straight. Longer than SX ! ? Lenny, the singers voice is not quite what it once was, which was A typical high octave pop metal voice, non the less he delivered pretty good vocals, great performance and gave us another great Green Manalishi.

Good Gawd, old metalheads on holiday

Ohh.. yes.. yes that is it. Me ranting about video games and bands = I need a new bedpost ! Yes exactly !!! Tomorrow I'll be talking about how I like flowers and that will mean I need new curtains for the living room !!! Yes !!
:danceboy:

So anyway, i went to see finntroll last night. Pretty good show, i wasn't as blown away as some people were. I would have rather seen Wilska's fat ass behind the mic, but what are you gonna do? Also, best part of the nigth was when this exchange went down:

"Ok, we're going to play something a bit older now..."
Me: "Jaktens Tid!!!"
Some random douche: "Jaktens Tid is an album!"
Me: "It's also a song dumbass!"
"Here's... JAKTENS TID!!!"

hah, fuck that guy, I won.