Official Off Topic Thread

NS: Globalization is why.

That still doesn't explain it! What this kid did was an action that required an individual conscious decision and plan of action. Just because ideas and culture diffuse doesn't mean that people become more or less prone to carry out actions.

The human mind isn't a collective consciousness. Believe it or not, people reason individually. I'm pretty sure the reason why I just went and got a drink was to satisfy a need I had. Globalization and outside influence had nothing to do with it.

But Green Tea is Ameri... Chinese. Damn...:erk::lol:

I'm sick of arguing about mental issues. I have enough to worry about myself let alone those of a kid on the other side of the world. Lets just settle on something we can all agree on:

It was fucked up and wrong.:)

Jeff: Globalization is why.

Evil of globalization, you should mean. This is not sth natural, or is it? To "share" a real emotion in a global and virtual platform, and try to satisfy or pacify a sensation? Yeah nature is f.cked up, so is everything. :) Choose either to feel "Comfortably Numb", or feel sick of everything. Or else consume&conform :) Hmm, if you're an accomplished individual, there are other things of course. :)

Btw don't get me wrong, i don't know where it will go, perhaps it is the natural process in its own dynamics. But our situation is then a "period of transition" at its best, i think.

^^ Sorry for my "long unpracticed" English. Hope to be understood. :)

Globalization ? Does this mean burning churches was done in the US first and then spred through globalization to Norway ?

Yeah. That also means that some planes will crash to tall buildings in all the countries in the world. That is global destiny, you know.

So, I'm taking the year off before I head to college next fall and in the mean time I am trying to teach myself calculus to be a little ahead...:erk: Holy fuck! I'm having serious doubts about majoring in Physics.:yow:

Anyone need a pool boy?

J-dubbs will need one once Zach has officially been hitched.

You oughtta see if you can't take a few courses at a local community college during your "year off". In retrospect, I really wish I'd done that myself.

So, I'm taking the year off before I head to college next fall and in the mean time I am trying to teach myself calculus to be a little ahead...:erk: Holy fuck! I'm having serious doubts about majoring in Physics.:yow:

Anyone need a pool boy?

It's hard to learn calculus just with books, I could never have done it. It was way too intimidating to see all those symbols and concepts on paper without having someone explain them to me. I guess that's the type of learner I am, because now I think it's really easy. If you do go to community college, make sure calculus is a course you take.

It's hard to learn calculus just with books, I could never have done it. It was way too intimidating to see all those symbols and concepts on paper without having someone explain them to me. I guess that's the type of learner I am, because now I think it's really easy. If you do go to community college, make sure calculus is a course you take.

I am kind of the opposite. I get very confused, in most cases, when teachers would try to teach me things in their words. In fact, in my last year of high school, in algebra 2, I decided to learn one section of the book a day by myself. I actually got all As. Finding my own way to interpret things is how I learn best.

Math was one of my best (and dare I say favorite subjects) up until my Junior year in high school when I took calculus. Prior to that, I was able to take everything I learned in math and find some way that it could be relevant and useful in my life. With calculus, I just couldn't make that connection and my brain refused to learn it.

In other news...I spent about 4 hours today trying to practice, but being bothered as fuck because I was starving for something and couldn't figure out what. I just went out and bought some chips and salsa and now I'm pleased. The end.

Calculus actually deals more with real life than the math leading up to it.:lol: It's funny you mentioned your junior year as being the worst as it was then I decided I didn't hate it.

Chips and fresh salsa is my favorite food.:kickass: I ate it for breakfast this morning.

I don't doubt that it's got it's uses, but none of it clicked with me at all. I put in WAY more than I got out of that class.

This meal of chips and salsa is just as enjoyable as it was 15 minutes ago btw.:headbang: