Official Off Topic Thread

Calculus is a bitch to learn. However once you start using it practically its not so boring. Basically, any type of engineering or science will be packed full of calculus to start off with and then you will start using it practically from 2nd year onwards.... and after a while it just comes naturally even if you failed year 12 maths like me :p.

classic.png

:lol: nice Jax!

So last night I had my first show with Skelator! It was pretty sweet, opened for Slough Feg, and if you haven't seen or heard these guys, get off your fuckin' ass! Awesome old school traditional straight up heavy metal in the vein of Thin Lizzy and Black Sabbath. Seriously, pure ownage and they know how to work the crowd.

For our set, we did pretty damned good despite some major technical issues. Samuel had his amp completely cut out at one point, so that's bad times. Some drunk chick knocked Robbie's head off his amp, which meant in the middle of the song he had to get everything plugged in again, then later in the set his amp died right before the big solo trade-off. But it was still awesome, the crowd reaction was amazing. We had a few dudes from Mexico show up to see us, so that was crazy as hell, but really fuckin' cool. So besides some problems, it was a damn good show.

Pictures can be seen Here

Calculus was pretty simple to learn, but I've forgotten it all. haha Go figure. Differential Equations 2 was the beast for me, but I think that was more a professor thing than a difficulty thing. One of these days I'll go back and review it.

I'm going to go to the bookstore and pick up The Humongous Book Of Calculus Problems. It has over 1000 problems starting with basic math through differential equations so, hopefully it will help. Maybe try this book out as well ABQShredHead.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1592575129/ref=s9_asin_image_2/104-2969415-9806363?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=1KZF8W5P507EWJB1FQZ5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=265623401&pf_rd_i=507846[/ame]

For progmetalpilgrim:

"All shows will be "An Evening With Dream Theater"
(Same with all Asian dates)

January
25th Perth Showgrounds
27th Adelaide Showgrounds
29th Melbourne Festival Hall
30th Sydney The Horden
February
1st Brisbane Riverstage"

:lol: nice Jax!

So last night I had my first show with Skelator! It was pretty sweet, opened for Slough Feg, and if you haven't seen or heard these guys, get off your fuckin' ass! Awesome old school traditional straight up heavy metal in the vein of Thin Lizzy and Black Sabbath. Seriously, pure ownage and they know how to work the crowd.

For our set, we did pretty damned good despite some major technical issues. Samuel had his amp completely cut out at one point, so that's bad times. Some drunk chick knocked Robbie's head off his amp, which meant in the middle of the song he had to get everything plugged in again, then later in the set his amp died right before the big solo trade-off. But it was still awesome, the crowd reaction was amazing. We had a few dudes from Mexico show up to see us, so that was crazy as hell, but really fuckin' cool. So besides some problems, it was a damn good show.

Pictures can be seen Here

:headbang: good job keeping it together, must have been trying at times. So this Slough Feg sounds pretty good, I take it their vocalist actually sings ? I was checking out gigs at The Chance and it showed Kreator was opening for King Diamond... I thought for a second, hey isnt that the name of Zachs band... Ignorance is bliss :rolleyes:

For progmetalpilgrim:

"All shows will be "An Evening With Dream Theater"
(Same with all Asian dates)

January
25th Perth Showgrounds
27th Adelaide Showgrounds
29th Melbourne Festival Hall
30th Sydney The Horden
February
1st Brisbane Riverstage"
Woohoo!!! Now have to find out who the booking agents are, and the ticket prices. The Dream Theater site doesn't give that info.

Originally Posted by DoomsdayZach
Oh man.... i choose death.

:lol:

We're talking almost 3 hours of uninterrupted progressive, musical self-absorbtion, with extended jams, solos and all around virtuosity...

I can't wait... :p

:lol: Well... we always said music is the second best thing to sex, but then masterbation is actually the sex substitute... so 3 hours of musical masterbation must therefore be better than...... Ah shit... never mind, this is going NOWHERE ! :err: