Official Off Topic Thread

Been selling off a shitton of my vinyl :( Kinda sad to see a lot of it go, but what can you do? Need the money.

If anyone is interested in anything, you can check to see what's still available Here and send me a PM with any interest. The prices will be higher for you guys though because the forum i posted on is a local forum and i can just drop by most people's houses on the way to practice... no shipping.

oh fuck, forgot that was the forum that's hidden...

Here's a copy/paste. Again, prices are a bit higher.
-Emperor - 4 lp's ($60) [Note: These are separate lps, *NOT* the box set that was released a few years ago. It's "Anthems", "Nightside", "Equillibrium", and "Promethius" all on colored vinyl. Re-issues. Only interested in selling as a set]
-Ulver - Blood Inside (red/white splatter, limited to 100) ($50)

$13 each:
-Arsis - A Celebration of Guilt (blue and white vinyl w/ 7 inch)
-At the Gates - Slaughter of the Soul (clear yellow vinyl, inner sleeve w/ lyrics is all sorts of fucked up because the inner sleeve is actually bigger than the outer sleeve... way to go Earache! But vinyl is in great condition)
-Bathtub Shitter - Lifetime Shitlist (brown/white vinyl)
-Borknagar pic lp (small scratch on side b last track)
-Borknagar - the Archaic Course
-Borknagar - Empiricism
-Coldworker - The Contaminated Void (grey vinyl... i think)
-Cryptopsy - Once was not
-In Battle - Welcome to the Battlefield
-King Diamond - Abigail II (2lp)
-Krisiun - AssassiNation
-Toxic Holocaust - Evil Never Dies (orange vinyl)
-XXX Maniac - Harvesting the Cunt Nectar (red and black splatter)

Holy shit! I just got a copy of another magazine that we got into. It's called "Heavy," it's from Germany, and Helloween and Gamma Ray are on the cover. And no, it's not "Heavy oder was" (we're not that cool). But it has a free compilation CD that includes our song "One by One" and a little article about us. :) Man, this is a cool two days

Holy shit! I just got a copy of another magazine that we got into. It's called "Heavy," it's from Germany, and Helloween and Gamma Ray are on the cover. And no, it's not "Heavy oder was" (we're not that cool). But it has a free compilation CD that includes our song "One by One" and a little article about us. :) Man, this is a cool two days

Cool!:kickass: I wish I could have gotten to see you guys before you left Pittsburgh.

Also, on an off topic note. Did you know a kid named Amish? He said he worked with you a while ago.

Seconded. I saw many of his stunts on tv, & he was a huge celebrity during my generation's youth..very sad to know that he's gone.

Thirded....I sat horrified watching his wipe outs & cheering his jumps back in the Wide World Of Sports days. I think they should bring back barrell jumping too!:headbang:

Cool!:kickass: I wish I could have gotten to see you guys before you left Pittsburgh.

Also, on an off topic note. Did you know a kid named Amish? He said he worked with you a while ago.
Yeah, I know Amish/Jason. We worked together at a stupid retail store, haha. That guy knows his metal, I'll give him that! How do you know him?

I'm sure we'll play in da Burgh n'nat sometime soon. We'll have a good time with yinz guys. I'm excited, I get to come home for a week in December. Looking forward to drinking some Iron City, Yuengling, and Straub! :kickass:

Yeah, I know Amish/Jason. We worked together at a stupid retail store, haha. That guy knows his metal, I'll give him that! How do you know him?

I'm sure we'll play in da Burgh n'nat sometime soon. We'll have a good time with yinz guys. I'm excited, I get to come home for a week in December. Looking forward to drinking some Iron City, Yuengling, and Straub! :kickass:

He is a friend of a friend. He would come hang out with us when we were writing/playing music or watch ren and stimpy with us if we were to retarded to play:lol:. Cool dude, he is the one who got me into Opeth. I'm also coming back to the Burgh in a few weeks as well.:kickass:

Yuengling FTW

Jeff, get booked for Wacken now!! If you get booked for Wacken, you'll be able to get me backstage!!
oh fuck, forgot that was the forum that's hidden...

Here's a copy/paste. Again, prices are a bit higher.
-Nightwish - Golden wishes box ($80)
-Emperor - 4 lp's ($60) [Note: These are separate lps, *NOT* the box set that was released a few years ago. It's "Anthems", "Nightside", "Equillibrium", and "Promethius" all on colored vinyl. Re-issues. Only interested in selling as a set]
-Bloodbath - Resurrection Through Carnage (red vinyl) ($65)
-Ulver - Blood Inside (red/white splatter, limited to 100) ($50)
-Opeth - MAYH (2lp *NOT PICTURE DISCS*) ($30)

$13 each:
-Arsis - A Celebration of Guilt (blue and white vinyl w/ 7 inch)
-At the Gates - Slaughter of the Soul (clear yellow vinyl, inner sleeve w/ lyrics is all sorts of fucked up because the inner sleeve is actually bigger than the outer sleeve... way to go Earache! But vinyl is in great condition)
-Bathtub Shitter - Lifetime Shitlist (brown/white vinyl)
-Borknagar pic lp (small scratch on side b last track)
-Borknagar - the Archaic Course
-Borknagar - Empiricism
-Coldworker - The Contaminated Void (grey vinyl... i think)
-Cryptopsy - Once was not
-In Battle - Welcome to the Battlefield
-King Diamond - Abigail II (2lp)
-Krisiun - AssassiNation
-Orphaned Land - Mabool (Clear 2lp)
-Toxic Holocaust - Evil Never Dies (orange vinyl)
-XXX Maniac - Harvesting the Cunt Nectar (red and black splatter)
I might want the Nightwish set and the Opeth. Zach, what's your home adress? I'll mail you the money like tomorrow or something. (Actually, since I'm probably not gonna be awake tomorrow, it'll probably be out by Monday.) And I'll send you the money for the hotel too.

Ok guys, sorry to not update the list.

Both Mabool and Nightwish have been SOLD, so i can't do those. Sorry guys :(

Harris, i checked shipping prices and it's close to 10 bucks to ship the record, so if you're cool for paying shipping on top of the 30 for the vinyl, it's yours. Let me know

I'll send you a PM too.

All i am saying is that Symphony X and Sonata arctica rule, as do OLD Metallica and In Flames and even a few Bodom songs here and there, but those other bands lick nad every now and again. What about these bands makes you say mutiny is like them? Is it the vocals? Half the vocals are death metal or screaming of some sort and the others are melodic. Is it the riffage? Short of clicking that link, I have no clue what Mutiny may sound like.

For example, if i were to say Skelator blends influences from Maiden, Priest, throw in a bit of Manowar cheese and Mercyful Fate-esque riffage with a vocalist that reeeeally likes Halford, you know to expect a True Metal assault. From your description of mutiny, honestly i get a vision of a progressive nu-death clusterfuck... something like Soilwork with odd time signatures. Just sayin' is all.

True, I guess the only way you can really tell what the are like for sure is to listen to them. The bands I listed are influences, and one can hear elements from all of those bands in their music whether it be a chugging Metallica-style riff, or a crazy Symphony X/Bodom style Guitar\Keyboard harmony. There is no nu-death or random odd-times, their songs are surprisingly straight-forward and to the point, with some fucking incredible guitar solos from both guitarists. They are not trying to rip anybody off, they are trying to take all the elements of pure metal that they like, leaving out what they don't like. The key thing about Mutiny is their sheer technicality. All of them are mind-blowing instrumentalists, so that alone should draw Symphony X fans. The fact that they also hail from Jersey and love Symphony X should help around here too...

They have several labels hounding them, and one of them is pretty damn big (don't wanna ruin anything by mentioning names), and is working out a deal with them now. So hopefully everybody will get to hear them one way or another. Come check them out!!!!!!!! http://myspace.com/mutinynj