Official Off Topic Thread

Ok, story time from my weekend.
We had band practice on saturday night, and as is the case we started talking about nerdy shit. Naturally, the topic of the Zelda series came up (probably because out of nowhere i asked Jason, the singer, "Dude, remember Zelda 2?"). Well, practice didn't go so well becasue we hadn't played in about 2 weeks together, one guitarist was absent and I proceeded to get drunk before practice ended, as i did not have to make the journey back home that evening. No matter, we still ruled, but we rule harder when Robbie and I are not a mess.
Anyhow, we fired up the Gamecube afterwords so I could show Jason how to destroy Zelda 2. I was pretty drunk when I started, But after i was done (made it to the end of the third temple then hit the wrong button which took me to the save screen... doh!) there were an extra 10 or so beer bottles and cans at my side (this is after the 5 or 6 during practice, mind you). By the time i entered the third temple, i could not see what was going on. I was seeing double so bad that i ended up playing the end of level two and most of level three with one eye closed and sitting about 3 feet away from the tv. And i still dominated. Fuck, i rule at that game. Childhood well spent.

:lol: That just made my day.

And also, for the first time ever, it actually said Symphony X in the Ads By Google. I was shocked.

Seriously, with another six pack i probably could have beat the game. Or passed out in a pool of my own vomit.

Funny thing is that I honestly didn't think all the beers were mine, but I've been informed that they, in fact, were.

Oh man, later we played King of Fighters and Tekken. I think we did pretty good but i don't remember. I got my ass handed to me in KoF multiple times, but i think i beat a few people in story mode of Tekken 5.

so some friends and I are going to one of the local parks tomorrow night for some epic calvin & hobbes style snowman-making. :headbang:

If all goes well, the next stop will be one of our teachers' lawns way early in the AM. We're going to make a sad-face snowman looking into his window.

Got a ps3 on eBay for $495 with free shipping. It includes 5 games and a fan cooler? I also got a controller for $37 with free shipping. Can't wait. First game I'll be playing is Virtua Fighter 5, then I'm downloading Tekken 5 DR and going straight to online to try and get my name in the ranks, then I'll be buying COD 4 and selling 3 of the games that came with the ps3.
I bought KOF XI three weeks ago. Awesome game and I'm getting people at college into it and we're having a lot of friendly matches. It's great. Next I'll be getting people into Virtua Fighter 5 (hopefully).

sounds like a bachelor's game
Actually the original game is the Ron Burgundy game. You watch Anchor Man, and every time they say Ron Burgundy in full, you drink. Halfway through the movie, you're pretty much dead from alcohol poisoning. :lol: