Official Off Topic Thread

I dont know I only have suspicions. I was more making fun of how the press and others are riding the "historic" wave

Cheez-its rule but I have been avoiding junk food like the plague (cept icecream), fattening worthless food that supports a bad characteristic this country has come to.

Amen.

Not that I don't eat it though, only once in a while.

oh hell, I used to eat half to a whole box/bag of garbage in one sitting all the time. I was burning the calories back then and also not doing the shopping. Now I do my own shoping and dont buy any junk food outside of the occasional half gallon of icecream. I fight it off most weeks.

My biggest problem with junk food is so many mothers raise their kids on it and dont make them eat right. Jack London had a real interesting short story about sugar and what happened to men held up, cabin bound during the long Alaskan winters. Cant remember the details but it seemed true to the point about addictions of any kind and the ease of consuming that which is easy and letting more important things fall into disregard.

I mostly work to stay away from high fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners, with the occasional nibble of "bad stuff". Unless beer is bad stuff. Then I consume way too much.

But, Steve, I do agree with the parent part. My wife and I try to keep our kids as clean as possible. It's very difficult in this disposable fast-food society though.

I mostly work to stay away from high fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners, with the occasional nibble of "bad stuff". Unless beer is bad stuff. Then I consume way too much.

But, Steve, I do agree with the parent part. My wife and I try to keep our kids as clean as possible. It's very difficult in this disposable fast-food society though.

Not only is fast food bad, but worst of all is the amount of preservatives that they put in most foods. It slowly poisons you. Makes me absolutely sick just thinking about it.:puke:

I used to beg my former mate and mother of my daughter not to fill the cabinets with that stuff, but she never listened. If its not there I wont eat it but more importantly neither would my daughter. Then people want to talk about weight problems in youth today, theres many reasons and weight issues is nothing new but this stuff doesnt help and is just a poor method of supplying the body with the actual necessary nutrients, it just fills the stomach and then layers in between the muscle and skin. I not even a potato man and never have been, talk about a worthless filler food and the ignorant try claiming its a "healthy" vegetable.

Not only is fast food bad, but worst of all is the amount of preservatives that they put in most foods. It slowly poisons you. Makes me absolutely sick just thinking about it.:puke:

Ironically I have been wondering if its not the opposite.... its preserving us and this is why we live so much longer on average.... lol

GLOW IN THE DARK MONKEY'S! I have always wanted a dog that glows in the dark. Maybe this is a sign for things to come!

I saw that...interesting to say the least.

As for the fast food discussion....I try to avoid it. I have my weekly trip to Chipotle but that's it. I've been pretty happy with myself lately....for the past month or two I've had a salad for lunch every day and have been pretty light on everything else too. Lots of grilled chicken breasts, brown rice, and fresh fruits/vegetables....not much else. I still eat pizza...but I've even been going the homemade route with that too. I stopped drinking soda quite some time ago thinking I'd still let myself have some on occasion or when I was out eating at a restaurant, butI don't even do that anymore. I just feel so shitty whenever I drink it. Beer is the one big exception I have:), but even then I probably just have a few per week. I used to sort of brush off the health food folks (and trust me, I'll never be one of "those" people), but all long term and significant health advantages aside....I just feel soooo much better mentally and physically when I'm not eating garbage.