Official Off Topic Thread

Sometimes the most efficient is the way of karata (karata = "to escape" in Finnish).

I went to tae kwon do for some weeks but not long enough to experience the first grade test. It was fun though.

Hmmm, I was depressed teenager back then. Actually the reason I quit taekwondo was that I got my first computer. I guess I was busy playing Doom.

Aw, sweet, Drew. I haven't seen them since... 1994? That was a KILLER show - King's X and Blue Murder at a li'l bar in Lubbock, TX. Got to talk for quite a while with John Sykes after that one, even got one of his stainless picks. Still have it too.

Everybody got their potassium iodide pills ready? Duck and cover routine memorized and nailed? Looks like nuclear war is just around the corner!

Aw, sweet, Drew. I haven't seen them since... 1994? That was a KILLER show - King's X and Blue Murder at a li'l bar in Lubbock, TX. Got to talk for quite a while with John Sykes after that one, even got one of his stainless picks. Still have it too.

Sweet!

It was a great show the other night too. Very small club (Station 4, for anyone familar with downtown St. Paul). I met the guys afterwards and they were some really cool folks. I've always been a casual fan of them at best, but they defintely bumped themselves up a few notches in my eyes. On a side note...Ty Tabor's tone was killer. He's use those egnator modular preamps with the Axe-fx. Easily some of the best heavy tone I've heard in a while.

Damn....R.I.P. Michael Jackson.

Regardless of all the shit he's gotten himself into in the last 15 years or so, he was an incredibly talented person and one of the greatest pop musicians of all time. Unfortunately, I'm sure I can guess where this topic will end up if it's discussed at any length, so I'd just like to say that I, personally, only intend to acknowledge the loss of such an iconic musician rather than contribute to any discussion on his personal life.

What's the difference between Michael Jackson and Disney Films?

Disney Films can still touch young children

:::snicker::: That didn't take long....

I'm bummed out that it's overshadowing the death of Farrah Fawcett.....

Farrah Fawcett's poster & Micheal Jackson both made kids "beat it" :Smokedev:

As a disclaimer, before I'm set upon by the MJ fans:

There is NO doubt that he was a talented individual. Has been since a young age. Great performer, and put on some pretty big shows in the 80s. Defintaely a HUGE influence on music video. All that being said, it seemed like the 90's and early 2000's set him off along a darker path. If any of the allegations are true, I say good riddence. There is no room for that in our society. Perhaps on planet NAMBLA, but not on earth. Since these ARE still, just allegations, I will politely say RIP...

I'm bummed out that it's overshadowing the death of Farrah Fawcett.....

If we're taking that route...then I'm bummed out that it's overshadowing everything going on in Iran.

As for the rest of it...I think criticisms of MJ's personal life are totally valid and in no way would I even want to think about excusing what he (as you said) allegedly did. Like I said, I'm mourning the loss of an incredibly talented and iconic musician, nothing more.

What's the difference between Michael Jackson and Disney Films?

Disney Films can still touch young children

Farrah Fawcett's poster & Micheal Jackson both made kids "beat it"

Dead Tie but Im thinking JDubs might be origional and Zachs might have been around awhile ? Still both.... :worship:

Farrah had the most beautiful face I have ever seen. There have been many, obviously, but to my eyes she was a step above. As sweet as that most common poster was it was her face that drew the eye. Her later lifetime type movies were pretty good, Im a sap for that kind of stuff, I like to keep it real.

Mikie, Mikie, Mikie ! :erk:..... well we both were born in '58. I grew up in awe watching him on Ed Sullivan, hell the whole country did. Then slowly things went a stray, there in is where lies the shame. Mike died along time ago.

The middle east ?...... should have died ALONG time ago.... take that my politically correct adversaries and shove it DEEP ! I live by the honour of the Celts