Official Off Topic Thread

I've never encountered a cop. Never even been stopped by one. And actually I read from the local newspaper that the town police department hasn't fired a gun in ten years. So I guess they're just staying at the station. :lol:

Has anyone heard of Arjen Lucassen's Guilt Machine? It was something of a bombshell to not only find out it exists but that it comes out in less than 2 months.

BTW does anyone know what happened during Arjen's divorce? I imagine it occurred between Stream of Passion and the last Ayreon release, and the name of this new project seems to probably stem from feelings of the divorce, maybe. Lori is his manager (huh?) so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Has anyone heard of Arjen Lucassen's Guilt Machine? It was something of a bombshell to not only find out it exists but that it comes out in less than 2 months.

BTW does anyone know what happened during Arjen's divorce? I imagine it occurred between Stream of Passion and the last Ayreon release, and the name of this new project seems to probably stem from feelings of the divorce, maybe. Lori is his manager (huh?) so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Hmmmmm will it be moody, or will it be angry? I usually like what Arjen puts out. Might have to check this out. I was completely unaware it was being released....

Its a great career here in the states, at least NY State Police, decent money, great benes, early retirement

I say send in the Seals and Iced Dog and we're golden. :lol:
That reminds me, finally snapped some shots of my personal armory...

XDMCaseInside.jpg

XDMwithTLR2.jpg

XDMwithTLR2SlideLocked.jpg

XDMRemy870.jpg

Nothing extensive, but it'll do in a pinch :)

TLR2LaserLightBlast.jpg

Oh, and here's what I got when looking into the laser/light unit...trippy

Never had any problem with police, apart from being called to the army. Problem is, I didn't go to college recently so i might be considered as unemployed, which makes me have no choice to not go to the army, but i was planning to go back to college next september. I couldn't go to public places fearing being stopped by police.
My father had Katana once ! but my uncle used it when somebody molested on my mother while dad wasn't there, but he got arrested and they took the Katana :(

pictures of soon-to-be-accidental-child-killing-weapons that media will blame on video games

So why have you got a flashlight on the handgun but not on the shotgun? With a handgun you can you hold a flashlight in your left hand? And it weights it down?

I WANT AION TO COME OUT AS FAST AS POSSIBLE CAUSE WOTLK IS SO SHIT

There's another Aion beta this weekend I think. But I agree, wotlk is shit. I quit a month into Ulduar. "Hard modes" my ass.

So why have you got a flashlight on the handgun but not on the shotgun? With a handgun you can you hold a flashlight in your left hand? And it weights it down?
I actually have a light for the shotgun, but I need a better clamp for it. True, you could hold a flashlight in your offhand and pistol in the other, but it's better to have both hands on the gun for better handling and aiming, especially in a pressure home-defense scenario...and the extra weight isn't significant.

What's up, guys? I would contribute to the "run-ins with cops" discussion with a story, but typing on the phone is a pain. Sorry to hear about the bad experiences, though. Dickhead cops are the worst things ever. But, as was already stated, there's absolutely nothing to gain from giving it back. How shitty.

So we just finished the Canadian leg of the tour in Vancouver tonight. Two days ago was our first day off after 23 straight shows. Now it's 1:30 am and we're en route to Zach's house for some sleep followed by some all-day partying. Let the Pics Thread rejoice.

What's up, guys? I would contribute to the "run-ins with cops" discussion with a story, but typing on the phone is a pain. Sorry to hear about the bad experiences, though. Dickhead cops are the worst things ever. But, as was already stated, there's absolutely nothing to gain from giving it back. How shitty.

To each his own. Starting it might be shitty, but returning it is a necessity to me and it has yeilded positive results. I have detured a few potentially bad situations by tactfull, verbal, putting them in their place. Or the time I would have been clubed with a nightstick that night had I not been able to stand my ground , stare that asshole in the eye and block his every assult long enough to let him know he was headed for a bad place. Back in the 70's the guys who were all nice and sweet to them, afraid of them, yes sir no sir. all cooperation, were the ones that ended up in the station getting beat... for having long hair and not reveiling their "drug sources", not one of them actually did anything wrong. They never so much as got me as far as their car. Fuck them assholes, nothing but traffic cops awaiting their big break to "take a bite out of crime". Its one line of work where over zelous enthousiam is potentially detrimental to common decent citizens, yet somehow attracts and allows so many with Napolean complexes to abuse their position... which is serve and protect, not abuse and bully. They are public servants and need to be reminded. We are their bosses, they work for us, not visa versa.