Official Off Topic Thread

I'm playing Mass Effect right now and it has been the only game since RE4 was released that I have been able to sit down and play for more than 5 minutes. So, I guess that makes it one of my favorite games ever?:kickass:

So, I was walking home this afternoon and got stopped by a street-preacher. Waved his crucifix in my face, kept trying to shake my hand and give me hugs, etc. Only slightly more ackward than any other time I've run into these people.

The Kicker: This one was deaf and was trying to preach to me in sign language. *facepalm*

So, I was walking home this afternoon and got stopped by a street-preacher. Waved his crucifix in my face, kept trying to shake my hand and give me hugs, etc. Only slightly more ackward than any other time I've run into these people.

The Kicker: This one was deaf and was trying to preach to me in sign language. *facepalm*

:lol::lol:

I bet he was a Mormon - it is that time of year after all!

I always get the ones that knock on my door and ask me "Do you want to know how the world will end?" Seriously...:ill:

I love when those ones come around. Luckily, at my apartment I never haveto worry about them, but I always seem to catch them whenever I'm at my parents' house. I've made a sport of finding ways to chase them off.

I found that the best way to handle them is to just pull down your pants, look them in the eye and then scream as loud as you can. Works every time!

I go to college in Indiana (Which I mention because it seems to be the worst) and EVERY fucking day I have to deal with those people. Keep it to yourself, goddammit! Stop knocking on mine and other peoples' doors and telling us how worthless and immoral our lives are! It was funny at first, but not anymore.

I know how to balance it out. Door to door irreligion!:lol:

Porcupine Tree has a new album coming out on Sept.14! YES! Fear of a Blank Planet was pretty killer!
I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding what is written, but it sounds like the title track is 55 minutes long, and will take up the first disc, and then 4 other tracks will be on a second disc. Sweet! :headbang:

Flower Kings also have 'Garden Of Dreams' at 59 minutes...

Porcupine Tree has a new album coming out on Sept.14! YES! Fear of a Blank Planet was pretty killer!
I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding what is written, but it sounds like the title track is 55 minutes long, and will take up the first disc, and then 4 other tracks will be on a second disc. Sweet! :headbang:

Sounds interesting! I have Fear Of A Blank Planet, but I just haven't been able to get into Porcupine Tree, what is it that I'm missing?

Also, what actual style of music is that Green Carnation album, 60 minutes with a 10 minute sax solo? Sounds awesome, but whats the rest of it like? :p

for Ken and Jeff and anyone else that loves George R R Martin

SEAN BEAN IS PLAYING NED STARK in the tv series of a Song of Ice and Fire... yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

many of you may know that i have a serious 'older-man-crush' on sean bean, so this is yet another reason to want to watch this when it comes out ('sif i needed any more reasons..)

for Ken and Jeff and anyone else that loves George R R Martin

SEAN BEAN IS PLAYING NED STARK in the tv series of a Song of Ice and Fire
Sweet, he's a frikkin cool actor, I can definitely see that :)

seanbean%20rifles.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dW-bt_1LzY

Reminds me of that...I think I've posted that here in the past, great vid either way.

What? Atheists don't care about others' beliefs , so why don't they stop mocking believers?? :zombie:
I personally think that both Atheists and Believers are the almost the same people in their behaviors, one is pushing their beliefs onto others and so does the others with an ironic attitude....

What? Atheists don't care about others' beliefs , so why don't they stop mocking believers?? :zombie:
I personally think that both Atheists and Believers are the almost the same people in their behaviors, one is pushing their beliefs onto others and so does the others with an ironic attitude....

Nah, atheists are generally prepared to listen to a reasoned argument, but would often offer a reasoned argument in response, whereas believers generally tend to hang on to their beliefs and avoid reasoned arguments at all costs. Atheism is lack of belief rather than belief itself. I find that believers are 'atheists' in terms of the Gods of other religions, but won't project the same arguments they deploy for not believing in the other religion's gods into their own religion. So... I guess believers are atheists to a degree, but 'standard' atheists just believe in one less god than the believers. :loco:

You get good ones and bad ones, same as any group....