Official Off Topic Thread

funny list, but 1 and 96 seem like contradictions...the tr00 prog elites don't consider dream theater to be the benchmark of anything (and why should they?!) :kickass:

(also queensryche and ayreon aren't prog, suck my pretension) :loco:

edit:

54. Don´t be John Arch. Insist that any pre-Alder Fates is 100% not prog.
pfft, the spectre within and awaken the guardian are a couple of the most progressive rock cds of all time. who wrote this I'LL KILL THEM

good god:
http://www.vivahaterecords.com/shop2/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=65
agalloch_box-250x250.jpg

I love when bands (or their label, whatever) go and make stuff like that. It's awesome for fans and they get a profit from it. I don't understand why more bands do it.

Back after some time away...got way busy with shit so I made a conscious effort to cut way back on some of my web habits. On the bright side, I'm done with college and apart from the crippling boredom and insanity/depression that goes along with it, things are going well enough. Playing in 5 bands, writing a solo record and starting another original project that I've been writing bits and pieces for for years now (very excited about this one), teaching a little bit (want to have at least 25-30 students a week by the end of the summer), and just trying to keep myself busy apart from these things.

I have some unanswered PMs that I promise to try to get to ASAP, so if you are waiting for a response from me on something, I apologize for the wait and thank you for your patience!

Back after some time away...got way busy with shit so I made a conscious effort to cut way back on some of my web habits. On the bright side, I'm done with college and apart from the crippling boredom and insanity/depression that goes along with it, things are going well enough. Playing in 5 bands, writing a solo record and starting another original project that I've been writing bits and pieces for for years now (very excited about this one), teaching a little bit (want to have at least 25-30 students a week by the end of the summer), and just trying to keep myself busy apart from these things.

I have some unanswered PMs that I promise to try to get to ASAP, so if you are waiting for a response from me on something, I apologize for the wait and thank you for your patience!

w/b Meeds! Congrats on being done w/school, too! :kickass:

Thanks J-dubbs!

Ken-Not anytime in the foreseeable future! My folks live just outside of Washington DC and I'm staying in St. Paul indefinitely. The stuff I've got going on already is going to be sufficient to pay the bills and I'm planning on getting a day gig too, mostly just to keep me occupied...I tend to get depressed and go mildly crazy when I'm not busy. It helps that I was good with money in school too...within a couple weeks of graduation I bought a car and a new acoustic and I've still got savings enough to cover all my bills/expenses for 8 months (which is up from 6 after successfully low-balling the shit out the guy who sold me my car). Trust me...I've spent years setting wheels in motion to avoid the "move back in with the parents" fate. That's the LAST thing I should be doing right now.

Why did you get banned from the site?

Look into the JLM(Joblo Liberal Mafia). They run a monopoly on that site. It's really pretty ridiculous and being banned was for the most pennyanny bullshit as well. They don't like honesty on there at all. They're cowards and have no balls whatsoever. Too bad really, 'cuz that could really be a great site(try getting onto their politics forum[I bet you aren't allowed])

I posted as John Galt, Prismatic Sphere, ProgWizardry, and Joe Hallenbeck(the last of which my posts were deleted, so that was the last straw).

In short, Joblo(Berge) can go fuck himself.

But Joblo is cool.

No. He isn't. The guy's merely a wigger who has a lot of contacts. Big deal.

He was such a coward that he chewed me out in the administration forum without investigating the circumstances and never even gave me a chance to respond. If he had any balls, he'd reinstate me and openly debate. JoBlo is a joke and a pussy. Tell him I said so.