Official Off Topic Thread

I agree with them besides Hey Man. What about jon_rambio and Cosmio?

Yeah, yeah they were cool. As were Reigh Kaufman and zombievictim.
Smiert Spionum could be cool at times.

The complete assholes were someguy, Quentin, BakeTheMooCow, The Heart Collector, Vong, shoe1985, and a few others.

Countchocula was also a prick who was also in love with cookie monster vocals. Disgusting.

But he seemingly can only sing one way, soft without emotion but apparently that is part of the death worship gag

black and death sucks and isnt metal its crap

so anyhow, how about the crude pouring into the gulf, the recent storms and people starving in the new third world... artist formerly know as America. Being as were talking about depressing crap and all

Really! does anyone realize if we chopped of the head of any random politician, banker, "leader" everytime something went wrong in the world, eventually shit would stop going wrong

black and death sucks and isnt metal its crap

:eek: <-- (my face when I listen to this)

You know, a lot of people say the same thing about classical. I think both groups are missing out.

Classical music composed past 1920, in general, is the most inaccessible music on the planet. It's not surprising.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't matter. I wouldn't listen to (let alone sift through) death metal for my own listening pleasure 99.9% of the time. I outgrew the Cookie Monster at age six.

GIMMEEE DAAAA COOOKKKKIIIEEEE!!!!!!!!!! ARGGGHHH!!!! :headbang::yell::headbang::yell::zombie::yuk::bah:

:puke:

A lot of it is like that!

O.K. here is something i wrote. Criticism welcome.

-[Seas of Confusion]-

Cast into a raging sea
Below the skies of grey
My long forgotten destiny
Lies so many miles away

Swimming in the seas of confusion
The sword falls from my hand
Falling for a dark illusion
Rising from the burning sand

I slip away
Temptation plays it's games
I try to play
But I am cast into the flames

Tossed into the seas of fire
I enter into night
Giving in to my every desire
I've given up the fight

The sun is rising in the sky
Is this but a fantasy?
I'm falling down, LORD lift me high
Into the realms of eternity

Lift me from the sea of ashes
I want this life no more
I feel the pain of a thousand lashes
I see the scars of war

You come to me
With bleeding wrist
You let me see
Beyond the mist

You cleanse my soul
Of all I've done
Though night is dull
I see the sun

Rescued from the raging sea
Below the skies of grey
LORD you know my destiny
This life I'm living, every day

I used to blurt out generalizations like "black and death is crap" until I actually found bands in the genre that really catered to my tastes. It only went forward from there. Beats the hell out of staying in the same musical bubble forever.

Edit: Gorguts is one of my favorite things to come out of Quebec. I was so excited when I heard Colin Marston joined up with Luc Lemay for the new lineup. I seriously want to see that live.