Official Off Topic Thread

Planet; The gay green and silver superhero that uses lame PSAs to brainwash children into being whimpy hippies. Not America=Chris Evans. Or Falcon, who is just plain awesome.

My weekend was filled with the SWAT sitch in the neighborhood and I didn't see much else, save for the Sox taking two from the Spankmes.

SWAT was in your neighborhood? That sounds awesome. What happened?

Didn't know the Sox took two from the Yankees. Cool. Not that I'm a Red Sox fan whatsoever, since when they play the Yankees it's as if the other 28 teams don't even exist to all major sports stations (e.g. ESPN, FOX), but I despise the Yankees.

SWAT was in your neighborhood? That sounds awesome. What happened?

My wife and I were awakened at about 3:30-ish Saturday morning by some guy's screams for help. My wife could see out the window, but I could not, and she saw some guy pounding the tar out of some kid in the alleyway (really a utility-company access easement more than an alley); so, she called 911. The cops got there within 10 minutes, found the guy, and also found the house where the perps were still partying at.

Long story short, apparently the kid was also stabbed, and the perps in the party house pinned it on their neighbor, who turned out to be an ex-con who "didn't want to go back to prison". Since he wouldn't come out of his house, they called in SWAT to get him out of his house. The event lasted about 6½ hours from the time we called 911 until the guy was stuck in a police car and all the snipers came off the rooftops.

Pretty creepy to see snipers on the rooftops of you neighborhood, I tell you. Even more creepy to find out who or what your neighbors really are...

Didn't know the Sox took two from the Yankees. Cool. Not that I'm a Red Sox fan whatsoever, since when they play the Yankees it's as if the other 28 teams don't even exist to all major sports stations (e.g. ESPN, FOX), but I despise the Yankees.

My mom is from Maine and my grandfather was a huge Sox fan. So I inherited them. :D I'm also a Cubs fan since I grew up watching all their games on WGN.

My wife and I were awakened at about 3:30-ish Saturday morning by some guy's screams for help. My wife could see out the window, but I could not, and she saw some guy pounding the tar out of some kid in the alleyway (really a utility-company access easement more than an alley); so, she called 911. The cops got there within 10 minutes, found the guy, and also found the house where the perps were still partying at.

Long story short, apparently the kid was also stabbed, and the perps in the party house pinned it on their neighbor, who turned out to be an ex-con who "didn't want to go back to prison". Since he wouldn't come out of his house, they called in SWAT to get him out of his house. The event lasted about 6½ hours from the time we called 911 until the guy was stuck in a police car and all the snipers came off the rooftops.

Pretty creepy to see snipers on the rooftops of you neighborhood, I tell you. Even more creepy to find out who or what your neighbors really are...

That is messed up. Is the kid who got stabbed okay?

My mom is from Maine and my grandfather was a huge Sox fan. So I inherited them. :D I'm also a Cubs fan since I grew up watching all their games on WGN.

It's funny, no matter where you go in the country you can always find Red Sox, Yankees, and Cubs fans. It's not really like that with all the other teams!