Official Off Topic Thread

Is there any drumming on it?... and more importantly, if so, is it Gavin?
If not... it simply CANNOT be as good as the best Porcupine Tree :D

I shall be picking this up in my next order, along with Anathema's new release, and Road Salt 2 (once special edition has been released on Laser).

Is there any drumming on it?... and more importantly, if so, is it Gavin?
If not... it simply CANNOT be as good as the best Porcupine Tree :D

Yes, there is drumming. No, not by Gavin. The guy is called Nic France and he's really good though.

I personally liked the new Anathema, but I would give it a listen before buying it. Soothing sounds of the ocean aren't for everybody.

New PoS and Steven Wilson are growing by each day.
I didn't like Road Salt 1, probably because they tried some songs commercially so it felt pretty inconsistent. Road Salt 2 feels experimental but more like a complete album. On the Shoreline is the best I've heard from then since Imago off Be.
I didn't like Fear of a Blank Planet or The Incident. Deadwing and In Absentia are very good. I haven't heard any previous Wilson solo albums (if there are any) (EDIT: woops, of course I have. I forgot.), but this is a lot more interesting to me. Can't really pick any individual stand-out tracks, there's just amazing quality throughout the album. Every song longer than 2-3 minutes feels like it has 3 unique parts to it.

These two albums are definitely top albums of the year for me.

New PoS and Steven Wilson are growing by each day.
I didn't like Road Salt 1, probably because they tried some songs commercially so it felt pretty inconsistent. Road Salt 2 feels experimental but more like a complete album. On the Shoreline is the best I've heard from then since Imago off Be.
I didn't like Fear of a Blank Planet or The Incident. Deadwing and In Absentia are very good. I haven't heard any previous Wilson solo albums (if there are any) (EDIT: woops, of course I have. I forgot.), but this is a lot more interesting to me. Can't really pick any individual stand-out tracks, there's just amazing quality throughout the album. Every song longer than 2-3 minutes feels like it has 3 unique parts to it.

These two albums are definitely top albums of the year for me.

Glad to hear it! I'm super pumped!

...I do, however, love Fear and Incident!

Though I love my Audi to death, I'm thinking of buying a "new" car.

So far, I'm leaning towards a 2008-2009 Subaru WRX STI. I'm considering upgrading from an '04 Audi A4 to an '06 Audi S4... but the STI is becoming more and more tempting...

What do I do?! I was planning on being a loyal Audi fanboy! :(

I don't understand why anyone should devote themselves to just one car manufacturer. I'm not a big fan of Audi; they just feel/look conservative to me, although I'm sure they are good/reliable cars. That said, without a doubt, a Subaru WRX STI would be the more interesting car to me, but this is just an opinion of someone who doesn't actually own a car at all. (I do have a license though)

What I'm currently interested in knowing is why my IP was banned/blocked from UM at my apartment when I tried to visit this place on friday. I'm currently visiting home and my account is obviously not banned so I really don't know what that was about. Will see if the situation is the same when I return tomorrow.

What's not to love? I think you should upgrade to an R8, my favorite Audi.

:lol: The GT model with the V10.

I think I could manage to afford and maintain a used S4, which I would be very happy with. The R8 is definitely beautiful... I won't deny that. It's one of the nicest cars I've ever seen, actually.

The STI isn't very nice to look at, and it doesn't have many features, but it's raw power and rally-like handling is very tempting... not saying that the S4 doesn't have these qualities...

Decisions, decisions...

^ lol epic