Official Off Topic Thread

Beelzebub said:
You type pretty well for someone who's drunk.
I prefer that to kids who pretend to be drunk on forums by typing stupidly, as if for some reason, people are impressed by it.

I consider drunkeness in general to be unattractive. For some twisted reason, I also prefer the kids who fake drunk to 1337 speak; at least they're typing with letters.

When I saw you wrote the most recent post I was expecting a rant about how lame American football is and that we should stop calling football soccer ;)

Although I don't care about any sport, the only time I've really despised them is with the whole Yankees/Red Sox thing last year. During every class that I went to, everyone would argue about who was going to win. Then, of course the arguing went on after the game. Hearing that for a week or two can be annoying.

Beelzebub said:
When I saw you wrote the most recent post I was expecting a rant about how lame American football is and that we should stop calling football soccer ;)
That does sound like a Kazahana thing to rant about.

ThornsOfSorrow said:
Although I don't care about any sport, the only time I've really despised them is with the whole Yankees/Red Sox thing last year. During every class that I went to, everyone would argue about who was going to win. Then, of course the arguing went on after the game. Hearing that for a week or two can be annoying.

I never hear arguments about that. The only things I hear about that, living in New York and all, are Yankees fans trashtalking the Red Sox. What's worse, Beelze may be able to back me up with this one, is having to sit through a lifetime of Yankees Mets debates.

Beelzebub said:
I consider drunkeness in general to be unattractive. For some twisted reason, I also prefer the kids who fake drunk to 1337 speak; at least they're typing with letters.

:tickled: Are you suggesting that I'm bitter? What on earth gives you that idea?

Incidentally I despise both types equally (kids, not sports).

Sorry for changing the topic and this is probably old, but anyway :dopey:

Why Guitars Are BETTER THAN WOMEN:

• Guitars don't get pregnant.
  • You can play your Guitar any time of the month.
  • A guitar only gives feedback when you want it to
  • Guitars don't have parents.
  • Guitars don't whine... unless you want them to.
  • You can share your Guitar with your friends.
  • You can play a guitar in public without being arrested
  • Guitars don't care how many other Guitars you've played
  • Guitars don't care how many other Guitars you have.
  • Guitars don't care if you look at other Guitars.
  • Guitars don't care if you buy Guitar magazines.
  • You don't have to be jealous of the guy who works on your Guitar.
  • If you say bad things to your Guitar, you don't have to apologize before you play it again.
  • You can play your Guitar as long as you want and it won't get sore.
  • You can stop playing your Guitar as soon as you want and it won't get frustrated.
  • Your parents won't remain in touch with your old Guitar after you dump it.
  • Guitars don't get headaches.
  • Guitars don't insult you if you're a bad player.
  • Your Guitar never wants a night out with the other Guitars.
  • Guitars don't care if you're late.
  • You don't have to take a shower before you play your Guitar.
  • If your Guitar doesn't look good you can refinish it or get new parts.
  • You can play your Guitar the first time you meet it, without having to take it to dinner, see a movie, or meet its mother.
  • Your friends won't make fun of you for playing a guitar that is older than you are.
    and last... :
  • The only protection you have to wear when playing your Guitar is a decent thumb pick.

haha so true...

And about the sports... Whats so bad about sports? Its alot more fun doing them than it is watching them... I'm a top notch athlete and I find watching sports to be borring as hell. Just how much fun can you have watching people run around, being all excited and adrenaline pumped while you sit their on your couch... It depresses the hell out of me, however if you get tickets its much more adrenaline pumped and actuallu do-able... But nothing tops doing them yourself... (of course I am 6'5-250lbs,built like a wall, so perhaps football is my kind of sport lol)

My friend has a poster with the reasons why beer is better than a woman, its much funnier than the guitar one. And the whole Red Sox/Yankees thing gets old reeeeeally fast, especially since I moved to Boston. They held a free Cake concert at the beginning of the schoolyear in the city and they started a Yankees suck chant. I couldnt care less about baseball, i think its one of the most boring sports to watch, but Red Sox fans still manage to get on my nerves. They're so overly proud of their team and so overly bitter against the Yankees it seems like they're just either in denial that their team has only won a few championship since... well ever... or that they're trying to compensate for something.

ptah knemu said:
So you guys hate me? Ehh, you're not the first.
Hardly. I don't take forums seriously enough for me to feel things for people I pretty much don't know at all. I just don't bother reading posts in 1337speak.

Even in real life, I don't think anyone is worth hating. Apathy is the way to go. Hating someone takes too much energy, and it definitely sends a stronger message when you don't care if someone you don't like gets hit by a bus then if you rejoice and go on and on about how happy you are it happened.

Tubbs Mcgee said:
Good point ^ someone obviously doesn't like me on the Opeth forum though... :erk:

Luckily it's only 1 person.

- only 1

Oh, the Opeth forum is not a very pleasant place, as I remember it. No offense to any SymXers who post there, of course--you know I enjoy YOUR company. ;)

Wow, and by the looks of your sig (And your name) you like Opeth, is this true?

And Symphony X, obviously.

The only Symphony X forum member I see posting on the Opeth one (Well, the only one I have noticed.) is Montu Sekhmet.

- Only one

the best thing about being back in hell is being able to watch cricket and aussie rules footy... roll on winter!!!

no, i didnt get up at spoggyfart to watch the stupidbowl, but if i had, i would have been going for seattle... hubby moved to whoreland, oops, pennsylvania, so no way could i support anything/anyone from there...