Official Off Topic Thread

Almost every song on Weather Systems builds up progressively and like every 2nd song has an omg climax.
Every individual song is not only better than any song on WHBWH (which I didn't find to be very good besides the song 'Everything'), but the album kind of works like a concept album in its structure. Perfect blend of songs.
The only weak part is the talky part of the last song.

Almost every song on Weather Systems builds up progressively and like every 2nd song has an omg climax.
Every individual song is not only better than any song on WHBWH (which I didn't find to be very good besides the song 'Everything'), but the album kind of works like a concept album in its structure. Perfect blend of songs.
The only weak part is the talky part of the last song.

Stop. You're making me wet.

"We are very excited to announce that we are going to be headlining the 2012 Heidenfest Tour in October. There was some setbacks with the album during the winter (again), but as usual we have managed to ram through them. (Big thanks to our management for helping us through the tough times!). I´ve been mixing my ass off and things are going smooth and steady now and the album will be released late summer. Stay tuned for bigger updates about the album (or should we say "albums", wink wink!)“ Jari and the Wintersun boys, cheers!
Okay so with Anathema, In Mourning and now maybe Wintersun, 2012 is shaping up to be a pretty fine year.

Also a new Ihsahn, an another Devin release... I heard that stuff like new Tool, Neurosis, Arcturus, Scott Walker (!) are possibly coming too.

But I won't believe anything about that Wintersun album anymore until I actually hear it.:lol:

Yeah I know that's why I wrote "maybe Wintersun" ;)
I won't believe anything they write 100% until it's actually out.

New Ihsahn sounds exciting too, the last one was really unique. I forgot about Devin. Arcturus, though? They re-united? I forgot.

I still haven't picked up the new Dark Suns or Alias Eye!
I will soon have to add Anathema and Storm Corrosion to the list!

I am so caught up on the purchase of my car that I left music on the back burner. Not cool.

Guess I'll also need to check that Anathema.

Anyone had a chance to listen to the new OSI yet? I think overall it's not that good of an album, but there's some cool songs here and there, like Guards. I'm really liking the groove on that one. Although some of the songs, like the last one, seem to be plain boring. Basically it's just as I expected.

I checked out the OSI.

Conspiracy theorists: Eluveitie & OSI's 2012 albums both feature monochrome, mendala artwork and interesting song titles. They are both also crazy letdowns. Coincidence?

Eh, it's better than Blood. Although, "For Nothing" is probably the worst song they've ever recorded and the album is a little too short. Other than that, I think it's great. They definitely didn't break any new ground, but it's OSI sounding like OSI. I can always go for more of that.

Depends on what you already have, doesn't it? I don't think I recognize any bands there you wouldn't already know about.

^--- Yeah, what he said. There's a lot of great stuff there but it seems pointless list anything when you probably already know about it.

That being said, definitely check out The Towers of Avarice if you aren't familiar with Zero Hour yet, it's great stuff.

Hmmm... I didn't think about the fact that I own a bunch of the stuff already. You may consider this a small oversight...

I've checked out ZH before, but I've never been a fan. I keep hearing that the Towers album is their best, so I may give that one another peak.