Official Off Topic Thread

So...I had 4 tickets for this past Sunday Lisa Marie Presley show at the legendary Stone Pony niteclub in Asbury park New Jersey. Sharon and the girls were excited at first but then decided they did not want to go, told me to go myself. I could not even give these damn tickets away to anybody. So I went myself and stayed overnight. It was the only performance in her entire tour where she headlined and she was fantastic. BUT,,,the damn town is a haunted ghost town and the old hotel was haunted too. I had experiences and never even got to sleep all night. I could not begin to tell y'all what I dealt with out there. The boardwalk, town, everything is dead except for that niteclub. And there are spirits there. F***ing freaked me out. Just thought I'd share this with ya. Anybody know about this town???? What happened to it???
:yow:

Pharoah said:
So...I had 4 tickets for this past Sunday Lisa Marie Presley show at the legendary Stone Pony niteclub in Asbury park New Jersey. Sharon and the girls were excited at first but then decided they did not want to go, told me to go myself. I could not even give these damn tickets away to anybody. So I went myself and stayed overnight. It was the only performance in her entire tour where she headlined and she was fantastic. BUT,,,the damn town is a haunted ghost town and the old hotel was haunted too. I had experiences and never even got to sleep all night. I could not begin to tell y'all what I dealt with out there. The boardwalk, town, everything is dead except for that niteclub. And there are spirits there. F***ing freaked me out. Just thought I'd share this with ya. Anybody know about this town???? What happened to it???
:yow:

You experienced ghosts? details man!

Matt, do you know anythiing about Asbury Park? Yes, it IS a real ghost town. I'll write here about my experience in awhile. I'm still getting over it and trying to understand it all, really. Very intense head trip. But I'm curious about the town. It's like the twilight zone, a time warp.

Pharoah said:
Matt, do you know anythiing about Asbury Park? Yes, it IS a real ghost town. I'll write here about my experience in awhile. I'm still getting over it and trying to understand it all, really. Very intense head trip. But I'm curious about the town. It's like the twilight zone, a time warp.

Wow, sounds crazy man. Im only familiar with it cause its in the movie Dogma. Never actually been there tho (and Im not sure if I want to now! :p)

The town is almost completely deserted, and places are dilapidated, condemned, and boarded up. All the arcades, funhouses, etc are just as they were in the 20s but all boarded up and the same for the boardwalk...made you feel like you were in the Twilight Zone.
My experiences---
1) Soon as I got in my 6th floor room, I called home on the cell. A deranged gull came screaming and flapping at the screen. I held the phone to the window and all my wife could hear was the ocean waves. Then the connection cut off.
2) I walked on the deserted boardwalk and heard children laughing and bells-buzzers coming from an empty arcade. But this didn't threaten me, I just found it totally bizarre.
3) I stayed in this old Berkeley Oceanfront hotel and the only others there were some people who also went to the Stone Pony. I got in from the show at midnite and was so weirded out by that hotel, I needed to drink to be able to sleep. (I don't drink ever!) So I went to find the bar and no-one was anywhere around, everything was closed and walking back to the stairs I passed a wall sized mirror and saw my reflection as I walked by. Suddenly the refection stayed still and I was still walking. I turned around and there was no mirror at all but I watched some image of a person fading into the wall. I ran up to my room peeing myself and never got to sleep. I heard a orchestra big band through the wall like from downstairs, but was afraid to leave to run to my car and drive away. so I laid all night. At 7 AM the deranged gull came back and I left for home very quickly. That's my story. The entire town is like it's still in the early 1900s and it's a haunted place.
Creeped me out and I still can't stop thinking about it. I left with a sense of overwhelming sadness.

I just found this site. This place was a half a block from the hotel--
http://www.side-o-lamb.com/PalaceInside.html[/URL

:yow: @ Pharaoh. Dammit I was in NJ a few years ago and I was bugging people to take me to the really scary places but no one ever took me there. Instead all we did was break into some "murder house" that wasnt even that scary. Now I'm curious to look that up though, and WTF would Lisa Marie Presely do a show there?

@ Yngvai X .. I'm not really that much into many games, I like Games like TomRaider (especially this one coz its completely different to the regular ones) and Thief. Ones that are free moving and theres a good balance between action and other stuff to do like finding and solving things. I tried playing Silent Hill 2 but just got bored with it, theres just endless running around through buildings with nothing in them and killing monsters whenever they come. It's so hard picking a game to buy because I dont have much money and theyre about $90-$100 each here in Aus so I don't want to get stuck with a dud. I'd heard great things about the new TR before I bought it so I knew it had to be pretty decent. And so far what I played of it is. (Plus Lara is even sexier in this one ;) )

SilentRealm said:
:yow: @ Pharaoh. Dammit I was in NJ a few years ago and I was bugging people to take me to the really scary places but no one ever took me there. Instead all we did was break into some "murder house" that wasnt even that scary. Now I'm curious to look that up though, and WTF would Lisa Marie Presely do a show there?

Because the Stone Pony Club is world famous. Bruce Springsteen got his start at this little club and made it legendary. It's the only thing the town has going anymore and they're talking about tearing it down. I'm sure Lisa and her kids did not leave the bus after pulling into the parking lot. Bus > Club > Bus > We're outa here!!! o_O

Bah, it must of been the side-effects of the horrid music of Lisa Marie;)

And BAH! I'm over that girl. I couldn't even talk to her, it was her friend telling me 'she tolds me to tell you..' crap that i thought was over in primary school. What immiturity, Geez. I'm too good for her (thats not even saying im that good) and deserve better.
BAH BAH MEH!

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
Bah, it must of been the side-effects of the horrid music of Lisa Marie;)

:kickass: HORRID !! :lol:

And BAH! I'm over that girl. I couldn't even talk to her, it was her friend telling me 'she tolds me to tell you..' crap that i thought was over in primary school. What immiturity, Geez. I'm too good for her (thats not even saying im that good) and deserve better.
BAH BAH MEH!

BAH BAH..head games...be patient, kiddo! The right girl will come along.

But remember...You gotta write her a song!! :cool:

I caqn write my own prog in a D#-super lochrian (7th mode of a E melodic minor) scale power chords in 9/8 with a model change to b phrigian dominant shred solo!!
If she doesn't understand it i'll tell her that that is because this shows that I'm too good for you and you have missed out on the biggest musical shred genius.
!:kickass: