Oh happy day!!!

Showing up in the used bins already eh? Value Village will be losing money if they keep stocking up on that crap. :lol:

It's really not unusual for ANY cd, especially one's that sold huge numbers like St. Anger did, to show up in used bins within a week of release. This really has nothing to do with the quality of the product. It's just the way it is.

When Load came out, I suddenly saw a flood of copies of 'Kill', 'Lightning', and 'Puppets' showing up used. Had to be from much younger people who bought Load and thought all Metallica's stuff sounded like it. Must've been a rude awakening when they threw in Puppets and Battery came on! :D

Lycanthrope said:
It's really not unusual for ANY cd, especially one's that sold huge numbers like St. Anger did, to show up in used bins within a week of release. This really has nothing to do with the quality of the product. It's just the way it is.

When Load came out, I suddenly saw a flood of copies of 'Kill', 'Lightning', and 'Puppets' showing up used. Had to be from much younger people who bought Load and thought all Metallica's stuff sounded like it. Must've been a rude awakening when they threw in Puppets and Battery came on! :D

More likely it was from people who, like me, were sick and tired of licas shit. After they did Woodstock I sold all of their CD's too (that beer commercial they did with fucking Hole just about did it before that). Corporate bullshit. Who needs them anyway when there are literally thousands of better bands that have surpassed them on every level. Even they admit to trying to sound like Entombed.

The idea of anyone thinking old metallica is somehow a "rude awakening" is absurd. They play that shit on classic rock stations along with other such "exteme" acts as David Bowie, The Eagles and Van Morrison. Please.

Ol' Dirty Bastard said:
David Bowie, The Eagles and Van Morrison. Please.
I actually like David Bowie, mainly his older stuff.
Van Morrison's 'Philosopher's Stone' double cd is awesome. So much better and more organic than the more contrived sounding stuff of his that gets mass radio play.
For whatever reason, I was never that crazy about the Eagles.

ODB, do you ever post anything that's NOT cynical? Seems you always have something negative to say.

Lycanthrope said:
I actually like David Bowie, mainly his older stuff.
Van Morrison's 'Philosopher's Stone' double cd is awesome. So much better and more organic than the more contrived sounding stuff of his that gets mass radio play.
For whatever reason, I was never that crazy about the Eagles.

ODB, do you ever post anything that's NOT cynical? Seems you always have something negative to say.

I wasn't exactly talking shit on those bands (I've seen Bowie live and I own an assload of his music, and Labyrinth is one of my favorite movies of all time). I'm just pointing out that Metallica, old and new, is not something that would make a person think "My GOD! This shit is too brutal and I cannot handle it.". Even in their "prime" they were as hard a pillow compared to bands like Napalm Death, Bathory, Carcass, Mantas/Death, Morbid Angel, Venom, Slayer, Mortem, Sarcafago, Candlemass, ect...

Ol' Dirty Bastard said:
I wasn't exactly talking shit on those bands (I've seen Bowie live and I own an assload of his music, and Labyrinth is one of my favorite movies of all time). I'm just pointing out that Metallica, old and new, is not something that would make a person think "My GOD! This shit is too brutal and I cannot handle it.". Even in their "prime" they were as hard a pillow compared to bands like Napalm Death, Bathory, Carcass, Mantas/Death, Morbid Angel, Venom, Slayer, Mortem, Sarcafago, Candlemass, ect...
Cool.
I think you'd have to say that terms like heavy, brutal, hard, etc, are all relative. Alot of individuals seem to have alot of different ideas/criterion as to what they actually mean and what type(s) of sound they envelop.