Ok, did I miss something.. [re: nevermore]

LORD_GALVATRON

New Metal Member
Mar 13, 2002
The ATL.
Visit site
I know that they had to pull out for their euro dates, but I've heard and read that glenn wouldn't ask them back. DId something else happen that I dont know about?

They were never confirmed (or at least, never announced as being confirmed) for PP3. Were they supposed to play that one?

Facts are they backed out of PPUSA 1 and 7. Never heard anything else to the contrary for any of the other versions. That doesnt mean that G didnt have them slated one year and he knew better than to announce them before things were set in stone...

Are you sure they had committed to PP first? I know Glenn works out the contracts in advance of the announcements but they had committed to a Spring Euro tour with Disturbed which got postponed to the same time as PP.

For the record, the committed to PP I and then pulled out after a Euro tour was offered to them. They 100% confirmed for last year. The Disturbed spring tour was essentially confirmed in the same time period, but it is irrelevant to be honest. Once the Disturbed tour got postponed to the fall, they pulled out again.

Once bitten, twice shy, fuck the third...

I would personally would have left few songs into Nevermore as i have seen them a few times and while they are good, they don't do much for me. But instead, I got to see Jorn totally kick ass with two monster guitar players, do the heaviest version of "Straight Through The Heart" that I have ever heard...and the coolest clusterfuck of "Stars" in the world...that was priceless. So in my opinion it all worked out for the better.

I was way happier when Jorn was announced vs. when he played, unfortunately. I really was expecting less covers, more than 0.5-1 song from his other projects/bands, and Sunset Station. :cry:

I dont understand the "fuck them" attitude. It's not their fault the tour was postponed. Seriously, what would anyone expect them to pull out of, an entire tour r a one off show?

I dont understand the "fuck them" attitude. It's not their fault the tour was postponed. Seriously, what would anyone expect them to pull out of, an entire tour r a one off show?

Well a promoter/festival guru has to look at things a little differently since there is a lot more involved than just him liking a band.....

I never said "fuck them" once. In fact, I understand and would have done the same thing if I was in their shoes.

That said, I'm still not ever going to book them.