OK this is getting ridiculous!!!!!

TheWhisper said:
Actually, Amazon usually offers free shipping on orders over $25. I've used them a few times because of that factor.

Yeah, that's Amazon the store, not the Amazon Marketplace, which is just where various sellers use Amazon as a means to sell their products. The Amazon free shipping deal doesn't apply to that, because Amazon is just the middle man in that case.

And just to say it again, the Caiman dealer at Amazon has the cheapest copy of 'Parallel Minds' I've found, at $12.99 or something. It's not listed right now, but they will relist it. I did have to wait for them to get it in stock though, which took about a month.

Barking Pumpkin said:
Yeah, that's Amazon the store, not the Amazon Marketplace, which is just where various sellers use Amazon as a means to sell their products. The Amazon free shipping deal doesn't apply to that, because Amazon is just the middle man in that case.
That's true, good point, so that people won't be confused about the difference in the two.

booB said:
actually, CDUniverse was one of the two vendors between which I split my last haul. They took a bit longer to ship than most of the vendors "we" discuss here (about 2.5 weeks, even though my discs were all supposedly "in stock").

In 10 years I have never, never,never, ever had a shipment from CDUniverse take that long to ship for an order that had everything in stock. If an item isn't in stock the order form clearly states it, and gives you the option on how long to wait on back orders before shipping. You can also check the status of your order at anytime until it ships, and cancle any one item that may be holding up the processing. Plus they send an e-mail update during each stage of the process. I can't dispute your claim, but that's an extreme anomaly from CDU.

In that time I've had them send me 1 incorrect CD, for which they paid the S&H to return. I've had a few damaged cases, and replacements have arrived in 3 days from when I notified them.

They also have another feature I like, and intend to use eventually once my web sites are rebuilt. If you join their Affiliate Program, you get credits for orders placed that linked to CDU through your web site.

CDU stresses customer service, and I've found they always stand by it.

I like Caiman too. They seam to be the best on Amazon Marketplace. If your order seems to be taking a long time to ship, they have a status checker page. That's probably my #1 pet peeve with online dealers. I hate any dealer who fails to respond in anyway to status requests on orders that seem to be taking a long time, or at least provide some way to check on the status.

I'm a frantic Cd buyer, i used amazon, ebay, laser disc, sentinel steel, dark symphonies, the end, CCP, Hells headbangers, nuclear blast, cd inzane...and others..
and Cd inzane is THE ONLY PLACE IN THE WORLD where don't accept my mastercard, incredible!... i need to send a money order Since USA. Apart of this...all is ok.

Sautherom said:
Yes, because CdInzane only accept mastercard issued in USA, they don't accept foreign mastercard although it be valid worldwide.
That is strange that they would not accept it. Loses them business I'm sure.

Yeah, I'm definitely going to order some things from cduniverse, their prices are really cool. Only thing I'm finding with them is that their search can be obnoxious when looking for classical music.

Well, looks like CD Inzane has changed the CD prices I described back down to a regular price and have deleted the bullshit reasons for there price. Hmmmmmmmmmm????

TheWhisper said:
I've done the same thing, split orders to same some cash.

We use to have a local record shop here, called Ace's Records, that carried all the stuff that I now have to order online. The prices were a little higher, but, once you account for some S&H charges from online stores, it wasn't that big a difference. It was, as you say, great being able to buy the cds and have them in hand. I'd gladly pay a couple extra bucks to be able to do that again, instead of ordering and waiting for them to arrive via mail.

Ace's. Wow, haven't heard that name in awhile. Always remember their 'wall of shame', all those rare metal LPs on the wall, of course with prices to match. They did have the unspoken motto 'prices not born here - raised here though', but what a place to go bonkers over the metal. :loco:

mtlheart said:
I use www.cduniverse.com most of the time for several reasons.
1. They cap their shipping at 6 CD's. Buy 6, 12, 50 it's the same S&H.
2. They guarantee their shipping, so if a case breaks they will replace it w/o S&H.
3. If you you don't want the order after you finalize it you can cancel it online, or you can cancel specific discs from the order.
4. If you forget to order a disc, or discover something else you want, they will combine the orders automatically to save you the S&H on the one item.
5. Got a birthday comming up? They have a wish list you can make public so people can buy CD's for others as gifts. Or even gift certificates.
6. Their prices are competitive with or beat all the others, and they ship fast.
7. Just remembered... They have a lot of sample sound bites. Helps if you're checking out recommendations you're not familiar with.

Just another option for you to consider while shopping around.

So, working for CDU these days then eh? :loco:

mtlheart said:
Heh. No. But I've yet to find anyone who matches their customer service. Check out this thread from the Old School forum http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199511

Sorry, the url you gave didn't work on my computer, but I will give you an outfit that will match them... MINE. I get your CD out THAT DAY if you order by 4pm E.S.T., I stand by everything I sell completely, I take Paypal, I have a huge selection, good prices, and best of all I'm not some huge corporation with offices. I am one guy, at it for over 18 years, working my ass off every day. I like my job ordering for and serving customers, so it doesn't matter to me about the 'bottom line' like it does with a corporation. I charge $1 for shipping below $50, and FREE SHIPPING for anything $50 and above. I agree with others on this thread who've said to shop around, since I do not always have the item, or at the lowest price. No supplier can make that claim. But I certainly do not take 2 weeks to ship the items to you like many of the big guys do. My site is very simple... no shopping cart (just send me an email listing what you want from the site), no overblown 'cool' descriptions, no b.s., just the basic info you need to shop with. Check it out, and call me an idiot if you disagree. www.explodingneds.com :worship:

Exploding Ned said:
Sorry, the url you gave didn't work on my computer, but I will give you an outfit that will match them... MINE. I get your CD out THAT DAY if you order by 4pm E.S.T., I stand by everything I sell completely, I take Paypal, I have a huge selection, good prices, and best of all I'm not some huge corporation with offices. I am one guy, at it for over 18 years, working my ass off every day. I like my job ordering for and serving customers, so it doesn't matter to me about the 'bottom line' like it does with a corporation. I charge $1 for shipping below $50, and FREE SHIPPING for anything $50 and above. I agree with others on this thread who've said to shop around, since I do not always have the item, or at the lowest price. No supplier can make that claim. But I certainly do not take 2 weeks to ship the items to you like many of the big guys do. My site is very simple... no shopping cart (just send me an email listing what you want from the site), no overblown 'cool' descriptions, no b.s., just the basic info you need to shop with. Check it out, and call me an idiot if you disagree. www.explodingneds.com :worship:
Okay Ned you got my business, i like your prices, your shipping, plus your in WR GA. I was buying thru that other place that says we are the only ones who have it and no one else does, well right now if you look at the ones on their site you have to preorder, it tells me they aren't the only ones, cause you have most of them and NEH has all of them HMMMMMMMMM COULD IT BE A PLOY.
IT'S EXPLODING NED'S for me from now on.

Pyramaze51 said:
Okay Ned you got my business, i like your prices, your shipping, plus your in WR GA. I was buying thru that other place that says we are the only ones who have it and no one else does, well right now if you look at the ones on their site you have to preorder, it tells me they aren't the only ones, cause you have most of them and NEH has all of them HMMMMMMMMM COULD IT BE A PLOY.
IT'S EXPLODING NED'S for me from now on.

Thanx for the biz. Yeah I don't like that pre-order concept much, especially for a CD that we all know will be fairly huge. If I don't have a 'soon to be released' title yet, I just say when it will arrive on my site. You don't need to pre-order with me, that would be just one more project(ile) for both of us to remember. There are a few exceptions, but 99.9% of the time, if I have it listed it is here in stock. You have choices of where to shop, and I definately appreciate it when you choose my www.explodingneds.com site. Thanx again :worship:

Fellow metalheads, check out Dynasty Metal Music. I have purchased from them a few times with excellent service and quick delivery time. Everything you see on their site is always in stock. They are a fairly new website having been around for only a year so they are still growing and we could all help support metal by supporting them. Highly recommended website and easy to use.

Dynasty Metal Music
www.dynastymetalmusic.com

Primal said:
Fellow metalheads, check out Dynasty Metal Music. I have purchased from them a few times with excellent service and quick delivery time. Everything you see on their site is always in stock. They are a fairly new website having been around for only a year so they are still growing and we could all help support metal by supporting them. Highly recommended website and easy to use.

Dynasty Metal Music
www.dynastymetalmusic.com

That's a pretty hefty claim 'Everything you see on their site is always in stock.' and I for one am tired of seeing it. There is no way that claim can always be substantiated, period.