OK this is getting ridiculous!!!!!

I have ordered several discs from CD Inzane, but my latest order has yet to arrive after 14 days... they seem to be slipping from the superfast shipping they had in the past, or are advertising that some titles are in stock when they are really sold out. Looks like its back to The End for me.

I'm an avid CD buyer, and I've noticed that each vendor has their strengths and weaknesses. I'll name the strengths, according to my experience with these guys:

CD Inzane - very strong in the Japan imports and the hard rock stuff! Zane got copies of Badlands - Dusk for cryin' out loud! Great selection of mainstream progpower music. I've had excellent service with Zane and his staff, so no complaints!

LaserCD - very strong in unknown progpower bands, as well as what I refer to mainstream progpower music, Ken will flat out tell you what he thinks about a band's music...if it sucks, he says it sucks...if it's good, then it must be pretty good effort. Again, I've had nothing but great service out of him!

Century Media - ok selection of progpower bands, excellent shipping and handling prices!

Impulse Music - very good selection of mainstream progpower music, in addition to straight up customer service!

Nightmare Records - It's Lance King for cryin' out loud....I love Lance! I'm a fanboy, sorry! Again, very good selection of mainstream progpower music, excellent selection of white metal (stuff that doesn't want to make you go repent after you listen to it...hehehe) Lance got the new copies of the Badlands - Dusk CD as well....very, very good move!

So, there's my two cents, but The Whisper's advice is solid advice....shop around....it's called a free market....and people need to make money to eat! Give these guys some slack...they sell us the music we freakin' love!!!!!!! \nn/

One item everyone missed here is the shopping experience on the site. I've ordered from CDInzane, Century, Laser, End, CDUniverse, and Deep Discount. Some sites are really hard to navigate and select CDs. Century has those huge lists to go through. Laser has the next page thing over and over. They all have their quirks, and I still go for the best price, but I like the ones that make the buying experience a little smoother.

Steve in Philly

Hmm, have you contacted CDInzane on the shipping though? I've never had a problem with shipping from them. I know they were out of the office for like 2 weeks in May I think...and they said it would create a backlog of at least a week for items.

It's also possible the package did get lost. It's happened to me with other vendors. Now whether its the vendor not actually shipping the CD while saying they did, or the mail losing them. It's hard to say

Silent Song said:
i wish there WAS a local metal store here
Don't we all. And since there isn't, we all need to shop around. CD Inzane and the others do their best to bring us the music we can't find easily in the local market places. They also have a lot of trouble getting wholesalers with pricing parity and reliable shipping. They too, get told one thing, and then are dealt another reality. I'm just glad there's people out there like Zane and the guys in the other shops willing to work with an inconsistant market source and still do their best to offer us an easy access to this awesome music that isn't "mainstream". I think more guys like this are needed to make sure we have the best access to the music we love. I don't think we should trash anyone's attempt to make a business at it.

I can't believe people actually USE century media online! I absolutely can't find anything I'm looking for on there. I guess I cant wrap my brain around the setup or something. I did use them for the ShadowsFall boxset and I had no problems. I just can't ever find stuff like Rapture, Charon, etc. on there so I avoid them.

My wish: The dollar would once again rise well above the Euro and I could order from Europe for all the stuff I want. I don't see that happening anytime soon, though.

rrhoadsfan1 said:
All I have to say is.. Impulemusic.com... Steve usually has just about everything, Ships quick, and Prices are fair... Just my Thoughts.. : )

Yeah, that is about the only think that Steve does well. He does not even have the dignity to tell everyone that they have moved the store location. You would think that he would let everyone know.

Stay metal!:headbang:

Yeah, that is about the only think that Steve does well. He does not even have the dignity to tell everyone that they have moved the store location.

when? In April, he was still in the same spot he's always been... did he recently move?

No mention of SENTINEL STEEL? Bummer great guy, prices, and store.

http://www.sentinelsteel.com

Another good reputable one is Teri's Hard N Heavy as well.

http://www.hardnheavy.com

I buy from almost ALL vendors depending on what I want, and when I want it.

I have always had good experiences with Zane, and never any issues.

My only minor beef is sometimes things go to the new arrival page.......you order it, and then are told it wont be shipping until a certain date (one time it was a week later). That stuff gets annoying because many times if its a CD I want ASAP I do first come first serve. If I'm waiting a week, I could have gone with another vendor perhaps. Other than that no issues, and I plan to do more business with them in the future.

Ive personally never seen something there that was "exclusive" but that doesnt bother me that much. If other people dont do the homework, than thats there problem. Any serious CD collector, knows where to go, and what to do.

Oh and the local store here sold the Iced Earth DVD for 12.88 plus we have no state tax! That is a deal! (Newbury Comics Compact Discs)

booB said:
Yeah, that is about the only think that Steve does well. He does not even have the dignity to tell everyone that they have moved the store location.

when? In April, he was still in the same spot he's always been... did he recently move?

Yeah, He just moved in the past few weeks. I am not sure the exact date, but he did move the store. It is not far, but you have to know where to look for it in order to find it.

Speaking of Vendors, Molten Metal is not all that bad. The only down side is their cd's are really expensive sometimes. But they ship fast and such. http://www.moltenmetalusa.com

Check it out!
Keep Rockin:headbang:
SaMetal

I use www.cduniverse.com most of the time for several reasons.
1. They cap their shipping at 6 CD's. Buy 6, 12, 50 it's the same S&H.
2. They guarantee their shipping, so if a case breaks they will replace it w/o S&H.
3. If you you don't want the order after you finalize it you can cancel it online, or you can cancel specific discs from the order.
4. If you forget to order a disc, or discover something else you want, they will combine the orders automatically to save you the S&H on the one item.
5. Got a birthday comming up? They have a wish list you can make public so people can buy CD's for others as gifts. Or even gift certificates.
6. Their prices are competitive with or beat all the others, and they ship fast.
7. Just remembered... They have a lot of sample sound bites. Helps if you're checking out recommendations you're not familiar with.

Just another option for you to consider while shopping around.

I checked out cduniverse, they look awesome. On a big order it would be better than buying used from Amazon because of the shipping cap. For non-metal stuff, from Amazon Marketplace I usually buy from Caiman which has great selection and prices, but I don't think you get much of a shipping discount on big orders, so I paid $20 for shipping on my last order. Guess that adds about two dollars to each CD.

I'll probably try cduniverse. Thanks for the recommendation.

Another metalmetal store is metal-disc.com. I haven't used them before, but they have lots of rare extreme metal stuff. Only complaints I've seen is that if you're ordering really rare stuff if can take a long time to ship.

I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I stopped ordering most of my cd's/dvd's via the net for the reasons most of you have named (broken cases, takes forever, s&h charges, etc.) It may seem nuts, but I've found that Tower Records and a place called Aomeba Records (for those of you fellow SoCal residents) carries pretty much everything most of us like and, while the prices may be a buck or 2 higher, the cd is in your hand, there are no shipping charges, and personally, I enjoy browsing around the store and walking out and popping it into the disc player in the car!! Just me though!

actually, CDUniverse was one of the two vendors between which I split my last haul. They took a bit longer to ship than most of the vendors "we" discuss here (about 2.5 weeks, even though my discs were all supposedly "in stock").

I like browsing around stores, and locally we have a store with a pretty awesome metal selection, but I'd rather buy online, because while it doesn't make much of a difference for the casual buy, but if you're making a big order, that two dollars higher can turn into like thirty dollars higher.