Ok folks two new things to discuss. COB and Nevermore

Penixor

New Metal Member
Mar 19, 2005
Canby, Oregon (pissant little town)
One star falls and another has arrived. COBs new album is shit. That sums that up. They have made an album to approach selling out, their sound has gone straight into nu-metal. It makes me cry. It really does, one of my favorite bands has made a huge mistake and released this piece of garbage.

On to an important matter. Nevermore's new album, This Godless Endeavor, Beautiful. Pure metal ownage. its just wonderful and i cant stop listening to it. Its beyond godly.

So what are your thoughts on the matter.

I used to really not care for children of bodom but I got that CD yesterday and I like it alot. Cool guitar and keyboard solos. Since they have 2 guitarists a keyboardist and that drummer that beats the shit out of his kit they the CD sounds really big. Id give it an 8 out of 10.

CoB has always been shit in my opinion... you dont have to agree with me, thats just how I feel.

Nevermore has always been good, however I havent listened to the new album yet... not really anyway. Nevermore is good and all but Sanctuary (pre-nevermore) was fucking amazing... Nevermore has never put out anything that can top their stuff as Sanctuary.

I love the new CoB CD. They changed their sound a little bit, but I think they went in the right direction.

And they defenitly aren't Nu-Metal.

No... CoB are not nu-metal...

they are EMO-Metal.

They are a metal band for emo kids. I have seen sooo many emo kids at metal shows and they ALWAYS wear a CoB shirt. They also all have a fetish for Alexi Laiho... after all, he paints his finger nails black, wears black eye liner, and looks like a woman... and emo kids dream come true!

Just a semi-side note. Its really funny when you see those emo kids at metal shows (not even because of the rediculous hair cuts) because they always go in groups, and they all wear the SAME EXACT cob shirt, and its 2 sizes too small.

Who the fuck cares, They COB is extremely talented and makes good music. They are definetly not Emo Metal either. You would love them if they weren't mainstream.

DiscipleOfPlato said:
Neither band merits discussion.
Yeah let's finish this now: CoB was good, but turned to utter shit. Nevermore as an okay band with their self titled, and now are fucking great.

The new Nevermore is great,very progressive,well written. Not as good as DHIADW but better than Enemies of Reality by a long shot. I was not expecting what I heard from 'this godless endeavor'. It's great to hear this in 2005 when music is at an all time low.