Ok I am normally a nice guy but !!!

USMC0341 said:
I went to see "Phantom of the Opera" a while back, and Sebastian Bach was playing the lead role, and he just SMOKED that musical...his voice is awesome. After the show, when they all take bows, he was treating it like the end of a metal show, which was cool.

Has anyone ever heard Skid Row's cover of "Children of the Damned"? The bassist cheeses Steve Harris' awesome bass riffs...but Bach fucking RULES that song...I was very impressed...
My favorite band, Vanden Plas (German progish band) are big in the theater in Germany. The lead vocalist, Andy Kuntz recently played the role of Judas in "Jesus Christ Superstar" in the German theater circuit. Of course being in America, I haven't seen it, but it would be cool.
In my earlier post I also mentioned Mark Slaughter. I don't know if the band is still together or not, but if they are and they come near you, check them out. Mark absolutely mowed me down live.

Bryant

JonnyD said:
:headbang: Absolutely I dont listen to Metal by Genre if its good I listen to it Doesnt matter if its Death/Doom/Black/Thrash/Power/Speed its All Heavy Fucking Metal to me:headbang:

I could not agree with you more Jonny - if it sounds good and it moves you, listen to it and enjoy...I honestly have no clue how to classify a lot of the metal I listen to - I just know that I like it... :headbang:

Bryant said:
My favorite band, Vanden Plas (German progish band) are big in the theater in Germany. The lead vocalist, Andy Kuntz recently played the role of Judas in "Jesus Christ Superstar" in the German theater circuit. Of course being in America, I haven't seen it, but it would be cool.
In my earlier post I also mentioned Mark Slaughter. I don't know if the band is still together or not, but if they are and they come near you, check them out. Mark absolutely mowed me down live.

Bryant

Mark Slaughter has a great voice, but his band's music just never did it for me (that's just my taste and opinion). I would check it out if he did something else down the road, out of respect for the guy's pipes. There's plenty of awesome singers out there who's music I simply don't like - but I can appreciate their awesome vocal talent nonetheless...I try to be as objective about things like that...just because I personally don't like something, doesn't mean it sucks (sometimes that may be the case regarding TRULY horrible bands, but not too often).

HAPPY FUCKING FRIDAY!!!!!

USMC0341 said:
I could not agree with you more Jonny - if it sounds good and it moves you, listen to it and enjoy...I honestly have no clue how to classify a lot of the metal I listen to - I just know that I like it... :headbang:

:D Exzactly man and that is what being a True Metal Head is all about!:headbang:

heavy metal is like maiden and riot

power is like
hammerfall
manowar

american power
twisted tower dire
lord weird

classic thrash
dark angel

mdern thras
the haunted

prog
Angra
Edguy

black prog
Dragonlord

Death Prog
Children of Bodom

Black
exhumed

death
the crown

grindcore
impaled

grman thrash
destruction

those are the main genres, so what is all this talk about maiden being power when it is clearly traditional heavy metal, and that unlabalables are prog? Rush was the orifginal prog, its hard to explain, but I think these examples are pretty straight forward.