Old Man's Child

Papa Josh

Minister of Propaganda
Thoughts? I guess if you hate Dimmu Borgir, chances are you're gonna hate OMC, but then again, OMC doesn't have Shagrath, who seems to be a huge point of contention among people.

One thing Galder has had, is the privilege to work with so many good drummers. Tjodjalv, Gene Hoglan, Nick Barker.

I think of OMC the way I think of Dimmu Borgir...

Old stuff = total.fucking.win
newer stuff = meh, not interesting to me.

but damn, regardless, Galder knows what he's doing. The "In the Shades of Life" demo is worthy of praise. Manet Sorgfull Igjennom Skogen is awesome

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? You don't like Stormblast? Weird... so I guess you're into like Enthrone Darkness Triumphant and the later albums? Don't get me wrong - I like newer Dimmu, but it's just not interesting to me. I really, really like EDT though.

Papa Josh said:
I think Stormblast is one of the most overrate dpiles of poop, right up there with For All Tid.

Pretty much, yes. I never bothered with OMC though, without having heard them I'm pretty certain there are lots of better bands out there

Erik said:
OMC's demo is indeed pretty cool. The new shit can fuck right off, and I've rarely seen a band look sillier in my life. "Stormblåst" is great and by FAR the best thing Dimmu Borgir ever did.

absolutely.

I heard some of their older songs and they were decent enough, but after I saw
362photo8ih.jpg

I had second thoughts of getting one of their albums.

Papa Josh said:
I've got those, but mine look different. And the EP is actually a split with Dimmu Borgir on the one I have.
Yeah, those are Hot Records-releases and that (original) version of Born of the Flickering is very hard to come by. In the Shades of Life is a bit easier and it doesn't contain DB's Devil's Path Ep, that I also have as separate Hot Records-version. :loco:

Erik said:
Whoa what is this, someone except me on this forum listening to Sólstafir?!
Wow, you listen to them? I've only heard the promo 2004 that's available on their site and some tracks from their full length, but I really like what I hear. Is their EP any good? I'm going to order "Í Blóði og Anda" soon, and I'm probably going to get the EP as well if it is nearly as good as their other material.