old thrash/speed/nwobhm bands

Metal Messiah

New Metal Member
Sep 19, 2002
vienna,austria
Visit site
can anyone tell me what happened to dark angel,death angel,sacred reich,exodus,tygers of pan tang...........

i heard that vio-lence is alive and well,they tour through the states,and you guys over the ocean can be happy about that!that's nice to hear...

but who's the new singer of exodus?

i'm 17 fuckin years old.it's hard to be a real metalhead in my school.especially when most of the suckerz in my school listen to manson and shit,and when they tell me that they're metalheadz,i'd like to kill em all

;)

bang your heads,suckerz

Originally posted by Metal Messiah
can anyone tell me what happened to dark angel,death angel,sacred reich,exodus,tygers of pan tang...........

Good question - I'd like to know too. Especially Death Angel because I've been listening to Act III quite a bit recently. I did hear that Tygers of Pan Tang were being considered for Bloodstock '03 so I'm assuming they're still together, but whether they're recording anything I have no idea.

it's hard to be a real metalhead in my school.especially when most of the suckerz in my school listen to manson and shit,and when they tell me that they're metalheadz,i'd like to kill em all

Welcome to the world of tr00 metal. You are not alone.

Also...(taken from brave words):

DARK ANGEL have launched a new website at www.thebiitch.com. Guitarist Eric Meyer has posted the following, “I want to take a second and give a huge THANK YOU to all of the 'Legions of Darkness' out there. It was your relentless enthusiasm that has kept the DARK ANGEL memory alive and kicking... YOU brought us back together after 10 fucking years!!!!!! We're booking tour dates now, and I can't wait to see all of you crazy mutherfuckers again!!!" The band have booked a string of West Coast dates running from December 2nd at The Mason Jar in Phoenix, AZ to December 10th at Graceland in Seattle, WA. In other tour news, DA are tentatively scheduled to join THE HAUNTED, EXODUS and TANKARD for two dates in Greece. The dates are: December 14 - Hydrogios - Thessaloniki and 15 - Gagarin - Athens.

Dark Angel recently reformed and will be touring soon.

Vio-Lence and Exodus are currently going on a mini 5 or 6 dates tour with Testament and the three of them are also doing a show with Halford in Vegas.

Dark Angel folded quite soon after the release of Time Does Not Heal. I don't remember the exact reason but I think it was that Rinehart left because of his christianity or something. Soon after Hoglan left too and the band folded. Dark Angel have recently reunited. Too bad they don't have Don Doty with them :(

Death Angel changed name to The Organization some time after the release of Act III. The line-up was the same except for the new vocalist. They played some sort of hard rock. That band disbanded after two years and a new one, The Swarm rose from it's ashes with the original Death Angel vocalist but without the bassist and one of the guitarists (I think). They have recently reunited without the original bassist and have played quite a few shows.

Exodus's new vocalist is their second vocalist, Steve Souza.

They have recently reunited without the original bassist and have played quite a few shows.

Gus Pepa, the original bassist is still with them. Dennis Pepa, the 2nd guitarist hasn't been able to come back, so Ted Aguilar (SIFT) has filled in. They played a a few gigs in Northern California this summer and they CRUSHED!!!!!

Death Angel is scheduled to play a So. Cal date sometime soon.

Exodus is in the midst of recording a NEW ALBUM!!

Tygers Of Pan Tang were one of my favorite NWOBHM bands. Jess Cox has filled in on vocals for a couple of reunion gigs, but that's all I know.