On the current tour....

I Take it you didn't see scenes from a memory tour , and just a question how many other DT shows did you see?

Nope... I saw them once on the Six Degrees tour, twice on the ToT tour, once on the Octavarium (Score) tour, and once a few months ago on the Systematic Chaos tour. One of the ToT shows (on my 21st birthday, awesomely enough) was one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Yeah, but the song selection was great, too! Seriously, they played for like three hours, AND they closed with A Change of Seasons. Every song on ToT was played (except for Honor Thy Father, unfortunately), The Glass Prison, Trial of Tears, and Caught in a Web!

I saw one show on that tour too, it was really great. The ToT songs are great live, but for some reason i didn't like the cd that much...

If i could remember the setlist i would post it. I originally wanted to, but i'm writing my diploma-thesis at the moment and was really busy at the time....

i think i remember the following was played:

Constant motion (opener)
Take the time
scarred
i walk beside you
dark eternal night, which was great
in the presence of enemies 1+2

encore:
a quite long medley (trial of tears, something from almost every disc, octavarium ending)

there was so much more, but i just forgot it.....

I'm pretty sure they played 'As I Am' when I saw them in London, so there was some ToT.

OK, so i saw them at blackburn on the 11th on the final gig of the euro tour
and
SYMPHONY X WERE EPIC! won't bore with the setlist but they had so much energy etc, the stage show was awesome (dont wanna spoil it, but did everyone else see the mike portnoy stage show thing?)
next , however

dream theater....

i was a little disapointed with dream theater
i mean, they played profesionally and almost note perfect but they played nearly none of my favourite songs... nothing off ToT, nothing off awake, nothing of metropolis pt 2 etc...

the singer was angry cuz bad tone, he said after constant motion "i wont talk again after this song" and man, he wasn't lying.