Train of Thought

i didnt like it at all when i first got it, now i like the middle section of Honor Thy Father, after the "dont cross the crooked step" and before the vocals come back in. theres some other good parts on ToT, too, but the drumming didnt really seem all that portnoy-ish, so its not my fav.

Whenever it gets to "Don't CROSS the CROOked STEP!" part, you just can't help but say it along! I was going on a roadtrip with a friend and I said that part. Kinda freaked him out, but you can't help it!

"DON'T CROSS THE CROOKED STEP!"

hammerforce said:
I don't really understand why everyone has something to say about Dream Theater. I have the album images and words and I don't really like it. Symphony X has been my favorite quite a long time! This symphonic stuff is for me!

[RANT]

You're a fan of Symphony X and you said THIS? I suggest you take a nice long listen to this album, it's absolutely TIMELESS. Granted Symphony X is definitely more driving and metal oriented than Dream Theater, I just find that hard to believe you like one without the other, it's like just liking jelly on your sandwiches. Metropolis Pt 1 is a prog masterpiece in my opinion...then there's Learning to Live...that song live is UNBELIEVABLE. The rest of the songs aren't 10 minute prog epics, but they are definitely awesome. Go for one more spin, it might grow on you if you haven't heard it in a while.

[/RANT]

P.S. Sorry if you take offense to this, I respect your opinion and I agree Symphony X's symphonic stuff is absolutely amazing. :headbang: I don't mean any problems at all, I'm just dense :D

shredmaster said:
I cannot express in words how good the TOT songs (All of them!!) sounded live, the crowd (including me) went NUTS here in Oslo
That´s true. I could just sense the anticipation for the heavy chorus of "Endless Sacrifice", and the people around went batshit... :headbang:

Now i won't be the first one to admit, TOT is not DT's best work, but personally i really enjoy this cd. One thing i like about the album is that the bass is actually up front for a change. John Petrucci plays some mindless amazingly fast stuff, but hey i dig it. In The Name Of God is a flat out amazing piece of music. Overall its a good cd, but wouldnt rank as anywhere near DT's best, plus DT playing alot heavier then usual, is welcome. :headbang:

That album is an abomination. Everything about it is terrible. Not a worthwhile moment in the whole damn thing. They should just put Rudess back in charge, that's when they do the best, when the keyboardest runs the show. I don't think Petrucci really knows what he is doing, he just kinda developed a feel and sense of improv.

The Stormbringer said:
That´s true. I could just sense the anticipation for the heavy chorus of "Endless Sacrifice", and the people around went batshit... :headbang:

EXACTLY! It was extreme, "Endless Sacrifice" was out of this world!!!!!!
We all went "batshit"!

sure it was funny
but i didnt understand the context to "Endless Sacrifice" and within the words bat and shit
or you mean the excrements of a bat ?
batman :D

-=Shardik=- said:
sure it was funny
but i didnt understand the context to "Endless Sacrifice" and within the words bat and shit
or you mean the excrements of a bat ?
batman :D
Like in batshit being the "endless sacrifice" of a bat, stupid... :D
Yeah, batman rules!

TOT is the best DT album in years. They started to lose me with Metropolis 2 and Six Degrees. TOT is a great metal album and, if the rumors are true, could be their last.