Dream Theater - Train of Thought

ScottG

Apr 29, 2001
Long Island
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]DREAM THEATER To Release 'Train Of Thought' In November - Sep. 12, 2003

DREAM THEATER have set "Train Of Thought" as the title for their new album, tentatively due on November 11 through Elektra Records.

The complete track listing for the CD is as follows:

01. As I Am
02. This Dying Soul
03. Endless Sacrifice
04. Honor Thy Father
05. Vacant
06. Stream Of Consciousness
07. In The Name Of God

"Train Of Thought" was produced by John Petrucci and Mike Portnoy and engineered by Doug Oberkircher. It was mixed by Kevin Shirley, who has previously worked with IRON MAIDEN, LED ZEPPELIN and JOURNEY, among others.
[/font]

oh no... not Kevin Shirley!!!!! :(

I'll have to listen to this album before I buy it... after "Six Degrees of Intestinal Flatulance"... the song titles are cool, though

That sounds pretty interesting, judging from the song titles it looks like its going to be some sort of "as I lay dieing" style deal following the last few moments of a dieing man or something along those lines.
Hopefully their will be some samples up soon, I really dig DT.

I dont know where this guy got his information because DT hasn't released any information on the new album except that there will be an instrumental track. I think they are afraid of releasing previews of albums because of 6 degrees.

7 songs with a total of, say, 70+ minutes... looks to be an old-fashioned Prog album without fancy... no double album, no concept album (or is it? The song titles sound as if they were connected to each other in some way...). Very good! :)

It does look interesting, I liked 6 degrees more than Scenes anyway. My complaint of DT is that LaBrie uses too much reverb and sometimes the music is a few minutes too long in each song.

ps Am I the only one who thinks "The Glass Prison" is an awesome song? Everyone seems to slam it.

I like "the Glass Prison". :D

Symphony X and Dream Theater are the only two bands on my 'must buy' list, so I'm looking forward to this album. (John Petrucci! *fanboy squeal*) :D

Heh... in case there was any doubt mine was all sarcasm. Not to say DT is bad, but they just don't do it for me. Though it is amusing to see mow much debate a few song titles can inspire :lol:

don't worry, i do the same with bands like dimmu, so i'm not makin' fun of y'all. In fact, i did the same with iced earth.

theodyssey said:
Heh... in case there was any doubt mine was all sarcasm. Not to say DT is bad, but they just don't do it for me. Though it is amusing to see mow much debate a few song titles can inspire :lol:

hahahah, totally dude. I used to be a big DT bitch but I'm not too interested in them anymore. I thought 6DoiT sucked, honestly. I still think the best thing they ever did (and will ever do) is A Change of Seasons.

I hate to say it, but I wont buy DT albums blindly anymore and haven't done for a while. Between Portnoy producing again, Shirley mixing, and the early premise of it being a "classic metal" album, I'm, gonna have to reserve funds until I hear some samples. But I'll be listening with open ears.