One for Lina

luke

Messianic Subliminal Mind
May 2, 2001
Soapland
Visit site
Well, seeing as everybody's arch-nemesis Satori is down practicing his rights to smoke as a Rastafarian down in Jamaica (I wonder if he's just been delayed on his return with all the flight cancellations...) I'll have to start in on somebody else.
If I knew how, or could be buggered to make a link back to the 'Kamikaze' thread, there would be one (here). Since I can't you'll just have to go with me on this. Lina, at one point you criticized someone's thoughts about the death penalty. If memory serves me correctly you called it a 'third world concept.'
Off the top of my head, Japan, the US and Singapore, are all developed nations currently exercising the death penalty. Perhaps I'm taking this out of context, as you may have been referring to arbitrary punishment as opposed to justice, but I do feel the need to correct your statement as capitol punishment is not strictly a practice of undeveloped nations.
The desire to accost you comes not from such a small error in your reasoning, but from the fact that it hints to a greater misplaced belief: that poor=primitive.
Please let me be wrong here...but not right away, I'd like to argue with somebody about this for a while.

Totally unrelated: how many Christians saw what happened last week and said 'God works in mysterious ways.'?????

Can I make a quick reply? Just an interesting fact that came up on the death penalty thread was that it actually costs more (in America at least) to send someone to their death than to imprison them for life due to the appeals proccesses (sp?) etc. So while it may be cheaper to kill people in third world countries, it isn't in these "developed" countries. Not that that has a lot to do with the origonal question, but hey :p I found it interesting :)

Aha! So this is that bone you talked about picking...

I read this before going to work a 14-hour day, and god damn it, this was ALL I could think about all day. :loco:

OK, here we go.

Number one, I chose my words too hastily. I would change "third world" to "backward and unenlightened." So you can bitch over the lack of political-correctness on my part to equate the two. It seems a tad picky, but OK, you're right, my mistake, and I address this at the end.

In going with these new words, I obviously believe the death penalty is backward and unenlightened. However, even if we stick with the old words, I still wasn't that far off. You only named two other developed nations with the death penalty, and both are in Asia. The US is, however, the only western developed nation with the death penalty, and this is the measure that is relevant since western countries are the ones we most closely match in other aspects of our culture and, therefore, the ones we look to for a measure of comparison.

Also, I was not only speaking of the death penalty when I said that -- I was also talking about someone's belief in creationism over evolution. I described this as "third world" in the sense that it denies science, logic and proof in favor of unfounded supernatural beliefs, which is often a trademark of third world societies. While you are right to clear up that I don't think poor = primitive, poorer people often trust in higher powers as a way to make bearable the shitty card they were dealt, and simply as a result of not being able to afford an education that would make obvious the flaws in their reasoning.

[
[/B][/QUOTE]
In going with these new words, I obviously believe the death penalty is backward and unenlightened. [/B][/QUOTE]

Let me guess. We should spend millions of dollars to keep them alive until they die and give them a college education that they will never use for free? While all the tax payers have to bust thier ass to get simple pleasures like food, water, tv, and a warm bed. While the waste of the earth get it for free. BULLSHIT!! Take a life and yours will be taken. They should execute them on tv to show what awaits these other bastards! Or maybe its just you never have felt the pain of a loved one that had been raped and killed! Just to sit there and wonder what it was like for them to die that way. Have you had that happen in your family? Well some of us have.

[/B][/QUOTE]Also, I was not only speaking of the death penalty when I said that -- I was also talking about someone's belief in creationism over evolution. I described this as "third world" in the sense that it denies science, logic and proof in favor of unfounded supernatural beliefs, which is often a trademark of third world societies. While you are right to clear up that I don't think poor = primitive, poorer people often trust in higher powers as a way to make bearable the shitty card they were dealt, and simply as a result of not being able to afford an education that would make obvious the flaws in their reasoning. [/B][/QUOTE]

Please come off your damn throne! For a person to have spiritual beliefs means a third world mentality? May I remind you that America was founded as a place to practice "third world mentality"
One day soon your sense of feeble unproven logic will be laid to waste with horrific power. Mark my words and call me crazy, but the day will come. There is too much proof that science overlooks because they cannot explain it, and it will be the "overlooked" that will bite them in the ass.

Originally posted by Tribal

One day soon your sense of feeble unproven logic will be laid to waste with horrific power. Mark my words and call me crazy, but the day will come. There is too much proof that science overlooks because they cannot explain it, and it will be the "overlooked" that will bite them in the ass.

Haha,

That's not likely. Jesus can kiss my ass and suck my dick! I will write a book and then call it the holy bible. Therein i will create my own god called Lina and the devil will be called Tribal, for it is written that anyone who does not believe in Lina will be sent to the furies and depths of hell on that day, o that wrathful day, when all are judged....

(excuse my profanities and blasphemies, but Tribal that is the same fundamentalist shit that got the WTC bombed. Take your dogmatizing elsewhere.)

Take a life and yours will be taken.

And thus, since we put the murderer to eternal sleep, shouldn't we be killed?

That's not likely. Jesus can kiss my ass and suck my dick! I will write a book and then call it the holy bible. Therein i will create my own god called Lina and the devil will be called Tribal, for it is written that anyone who does not believe in Lina will be sent to the furies and depths of hell on that day, o that wrathful day, when all are judged....

That's what I think, really..
I could build some happy little temple, right a book, seal it up, then nuke the hell out of the world. 10000 years later explorers will find this temple, and the book, and make me a God.
What say's this hasn't happened?

There is NO proof that the bible is true.

Sorry for going off subject but I needed to say that.

Later...

Originally posted by E V I L

Haha,

(excuse my profanities and blasphemies, but Tribal that is the same fundamentalist shit that got the WTC bombed. Take your dogmatizing elsewhere.)

Take your dogmatizing elsewhere? Well, does that go for the "Third world mentality" bullshit? And as far as the fundamentalist comment goes, I was not referring to the violence man can do. Musilm, X-tian, or whatever, if your out to kill than kill yourself.

.....oh and might add that saying what you just said (so irresponsibly) is the same thing as vulgarizing God. How dare you use god to antagonize others?

I hope we're crystal about this. What do you think gets christians persecuted so much in today's society? The answer: christians using their beliefs as stones, casting everyone they dislike as going to hell because it's convenient in a given moment. It's indolent and if you're a christian interested in sharing your faith with others, that is the last kind of language you should use. Is the goal of the honest and good christian to detract and ostracize the world? Be more responsible in the future.

Originally posted by Sullen Jester
Take a life and yours will be taken.

And thus, since we put the murderer to eternal sleep, shouldn't we be killed?
[

That has got to be the most mental retardation, dumbass thing you could have said. Did you just overlook what the criminal has done and what it cost to keep him alive. Sure, kill, rape, and destroy life and we'll give you a home, food , education, and never make you work. Some human rights idiots say its wrong to make them do hard labor! Thats STUPID!

[

There is NO proof that the bible is true.

Sorry for going off subject but I needed to say that.

Later...

I have plenty of proof. Even the Discovery channel is putting shows on about it. And to ease your mind, no its not creationist. Archelogical and historical evidence is the basis of the proof. I swear if some of you would look into this material instead of brushing it off because it goes against what you want, then maybe we wouldn't have to debate this shit so much.

Originally posted by Tribal
Let me guess. We should spend millions of dollars to keep them alive until they die and give them a college education that they will never use for free? While all the tax payers have to bust thier ass to get simple pleasures like food, water, tv, and a warm bed. While the waste of the earth get it for free. BULLSHIT!! Take a life and yours will be taken. They should execute them on tv to show what awaits these other bastards! Or maybe its just you never have felt the pain of a loved one that had been raped and killed! Just to sit there and wonder what it was like for them to die that way. Have you had that happen in your family? Well some of us have.

Can I just say read the board before you dive into your head strong arguments. As I said at the beginning life inprisonment is actually cheaper than sending someone to their death due to all the appeals processes etc. and I found that statistic on many reliable websites, if you care to prove otherwise.....

Is there really need to be antagonistic and provocative over this?

Originally posted by E V I L
I hope we're crystal about this. What do you think gets christians persecuted so much in today's society? The answer: christians using their beliefs as stones, casting everyone they dislike as going to hell because it's convenient in a given moment. It's indolent and if you're a christian interested in sharing your faith with others, that is the last kind of language you should use. Is the goal of the honest and good christian to detract and ostracize the world? Be more responsible in the future.

Well said. I get on extremely well with the majority of christians, even being able to talk about god with them etc. its just the ones who assume they're correct and have to convert people as well as the amazingly arrogant and ignorant traits you have described above

Goddammit now this is just getting out of hand!
We were talking about the misconception that stupidity is born of poverty. While the reverse can be true, and certainly ignorance is a common child of poverty, it is a dramatic overstatement to say that people living in the third world suffer from mental difficiency or a lack of compassion.
Enough about the religious issues for a moment, PLEASE!
I'm off to work, and after will be going to do a Ramen challange with a few friends....If you can finish off an entire bowl of this one shops spiciest ramen, it's for free!
I'll set the rest of you straight later....

I have plenty of proof. Even the Discovery channel is putting shows on about it. And to ease your mind, no its not creationist. Archelogical and historical evidence is the basis of the proof. I swear if some of you would look into this material instead of brushing it off because it goes against what you want, then maybe we wouldn't have to debate this shit so much

Great, you have your side, and I have my side.
I say that everything your side is not COMPLETELY VALID, in the terms we say they are, as:
a) we have no first option witnesses at hand
b) anyone could have created them
and c) organized religion is a corrupt entity, and I refuse to follow whatever they say blindly. (And no, that's not saying that you, or anyone does.)
So what do we do?
Get someone of neutral perspective here. We will verify our arguments, and then, only then, will we know who is right.
Saying that "They have proof" and "its not creationalist' doesn't make it correct. Archelogical and historical evidince is not a good basis for proof. Again, I could nuke the world and people could recover what I leave behind. Would that then be worshipped as a holy text?

And yes, I do look into this material (ALL religion in general, and all the individual ones) a lot and I have a fair idea on what I am saying. If you can prove me wrong, I welcome your attempt and will be thankful for you having taught me something, something accurate.
Please, don't start saying "we have proof" but instead show us the proof, it's validity, etc. etc.

Sorry if this is incoherent and jumbled, but I had the matter of minutes to think and type this up.

Later...

i just can't resist. i think it's SO TELLING that tribal would write all that bullshit about the death penalty costing too much after we've had not one, not two, but THREE threads proving just the opposite -- INCLUDING THE ONE HE'S POSTING ON. it's just so perfect that a blindly believing christian wouldn't even open his eyes to a fucking thread. thank you for proving my point, tribal.

another thing: tribal, i'm perfectly aware of your views on god because i ACTUALLY READ the threads i post on. so feel free to not come at me with it every single time religion is mentioned.

you truly are so full of crap that your breath stinks, aren't you?
Beat around the bush if you want. Even if I didn't believe in God, I still have the sense to understand the death penalty, unlike you.
Like I said you haven't had a violent death to your loved ones. So to the ones of us who had, please shut the hell up. Sympathetic liberal crap.

Originally posted by godisanathiest
Can I make a quick reply? Just an interesting fact that came up on the death penalty thread was that it actually costs more (in America at least) to send someone to their death than to imprison them for life due to the appeals proccesses (sp?) etc. So while it may be cheaper to kill people in third world countries, it isn't in these "developed" countries. Not that that has a lot to do with the origonal question, but hey :p I found it interesting :)

How much does it cost to put a bullet in someones head? hehe, I mean why should it cost more? Do they have to have the death penalty by electricusion? Just a suggestion.

Originally posted by Lina
Aha! So this is that bone you talked about...and god damn it, this was ALL I could think about all day. :loco:

OK, here we go bitch
the one we look to for favors.

You were serious when you said I could be your lover boy, weren't you?
This is getting to be my favourite pass time; from now on I nominate myself the official subliminal message decoder of the Opeth forum.