One more band to guess....

I am hoping for Kamelot or Brainstorm but I think it will be something different , something new and something that will kick major fucking ass.

I'm not sure about a particular band, but I bet it'll be someone new to the festival, and probably not an established leader of either prog or power genre. This makes me all the more curious.

After Forever? Not a chance there. They aren't even in 3rd slot territory yet.

LOL yeah right... don't forget they are way bigger, have been on the road for longer than a band such as Epica, who got a 4th. After Forever could (and I hope they will) be the 5th slot on saturday. Just by looking at Glenn's reviewing statements may get me to think that. Of course, also the fact that I'm dying to see this band live.

We shall see...

my final guess is we have one more returning band and that band is Orphaned Land a little controversial since they are heavier and a way different style than most the bands. They dont have a gazillion albums out so some people might not think they could headline and also some people might want PF ahead of them. I think Orphaned Land tore down the house at PPVI and will come back to tear down PPVIII

Going back to the Fates Warning talk. How about them w/John Arch on back on vocals? Now that would be a nice trick for Glen to pull off!(pipe dream, I know) Orphaned Land could definitely headline. Glen did say he will put bands in those slots to "make them headliners". They absolutely killed at PPVI and I would love to see them play 2 hours.

Sorry if I'm an idiot, but this is confusing me.

You're saying there is one more band to guess, but this is displayed on the main page:
qqq.jpg

What's the deal with the 2 other "Coming Soon" banners?

Those are the two as-yet-unnamed bands who will play the ProgPower Showcase, formerly the pre-party, on Thursday night.

The bands for the Showcase probably should be listed in one centered column, though....right now it looks like a two-night event, two bands per night. :)

I'm not sure about a particular band, but I bet it'll be someone new to the festival, and probably not an established leader of either prog or power genre. This makes me all the more curious.

l'm hoping for new blood myself. Someone threw out them in this thread & l placed them in the 4 slot thread...Labyrinth. Great band...with their earlier power metal material & newer prog metal stuff. Should make a good setlist.