One more band to guess....

If Tarot is still possible that would really be my choice. Iced Earth would be awesome too but I think they're a true headliner, even without Barlow.

I have to chime in here because I always have to back you up when you suggest Tarot! :)

If Tarot is announced, well, then that would be the Christmas miracle that I've been praying for! :lol:

What is it that people like about them? I bought their 2004 album(can't even remember the name) and I thought it was horrible. But I've mainly heard only good things about them. Was that album just a subpar effort?

I am surprised no one has mentioned a classic one-off reunion the likes of ACCEPT!!! :kickass:

ACCEPT-Logo.jpg

I can't think of a better way to end ProgPower VIII :Smug:

Maybe Edguy hasn't been mentioned because most realize they shouldn't headline. I enjoy Edguy, but I sincerely doubt they'd do very well following Primal Fear.

Wow..that's something I disagree with 100% from both an artistic and business aspect (especially given their previous headline performance).

To each their own as always though....

Wow..that's something I disagree with 100% from both an artistic and business aspect (especially given their previous headline performance).

To each their own as always though....

I certainly cannot argue the business end of things, and I won't argue that Edguy is flawed in any way, artistically. My opinion of them headlining is in regards to this year, and not really an assessment of their headlining capability in general. I think a more progressive band would be a better fit in the #5 slot this year, simply based on the lineup thus far.

I certainly cannot argue the business end of things, and I won't argue that Edguy is flawed in any way, artistically. My opinion of them headlining is in regards to this year, and not really an assessment of their headlining capability in general. I think a more progressive band would be a better fit in the #5 slot this year, simply based on the lineup thus far.
I don't see that. There are five prog to four power so far.

Iced Earth? Look at what Glenn has said...

1. It may be controversial.
2. Sonata is the festival headliners and Saturday would be a co-headline position.
3. Sometimes you have to create headliners instead of booking headliners.
4. you think the band doesn't deserve that high of a slot
5. you think Primal Fear is a bigger band and deserves to close out the night (screw the Rage Effect risk).

Not a single one of these statements would be true of Iced Earth. And most likely none of these statements would be true of Fates Warning or Symphony X.

Although I wouldn't mind Brainstorm, I doubt it's them. I get the sense (from Glenn's comments), that negotiations have been dragging on with the Saturday night closer. And I'm guessing Brainstorm would jump at the chance to close out the festival, given how well they were received here last time.

Edguy would be a complete disappointment (for me). They've been here twice and their headlining performance was no where near as entertaining as their #3 slot performance. That said, they're a way, way better live band than Primal Fear, and from that stand point, would have no issue following them.

Zod

What band list are you looking at?
Sonata - power
Primal Fear - power
Pagan's Mind - prog/power
Redemption - prog/power
Virgin Steele - power
Threshold - haven't listened to really.
Firewind - power
Communic - prog
Raintime - Not really either but I guess you could argue prog if you were desperate

Iced Earth? Look at what Glenn has said...

1. It may be controversial.
2. Sonata is the festival headliners and Saturday would be a co-headline position.
3. Sometimes you have to create headliners instead of booking headliners.
4. you think the band doesn't deserve that high of a slot
5. you think Primal Fear is a bigger band and deserves to close out the night (screw the Rage Effect risk).

Not a single one of these statements would be true of Iced Earth. And most likely none of these statements would be true of Fates Warning or Symphony X.

Although I wouldn't mind Brainstorm, I doubt it's them. I get the sense (from Glenn's comments), that negotiations have been dragging on with the Saturday night closer. And I'm guessing Brainstorm would jump at the chance to close out the festival.

Zod
ICED EARTH would be a very welcome surprise. BTW, Zod, I understand you know a friend of mine. Crazy Mike from Philly.

Threshold - prog
Redemption - prog
Raintime - prog
Communic - prog
Pagan's Mind - prog

Showcase: Vanden Plas and Freak Kitchen - prog

Primal Fear - power
Firewind - power
Virgin Steele - traditional/power
Sonata Arctica - power

That's the list I'm looking at.

Threshold - prog
Redemption - prog
Raintime - prog
Communic - prog
Pagan's Mind - prog

Showcase: Vanden Plas and Freak Kitchen - prog

Primal Fear - power
Firewind - power
Virgin Steele - traditional/power
Sonata Arctica - power

That's the list I'm looking at.

that is how I would classify the bands as well. Great job!!:headbang:

Maybe Edguy hasn't been mentioned because most realize they shouldn't headline. I enjoy Edguy, but I sincerely doubt they'd do very well following Primal Fear.

I thought just the opposite, Edguy following Primal Fear would be an incredible one-two punch to end the fest on possibly it's highest note EVER (yes, I'm a power metal fan!), but I discounted it (like I'm sure most others have) because I considered Edguy to already be a headliner.

I don't think Edguy is likely to get "Raged". But Primal Fear is big enough that I have to wonder if a co-headliner will REALLY be a co-headliner. Seems to me you'd need a real headliner to follow Primal Fear.