Opening bands

Donnie Darko

Destroyer of False Metal
Sep 9, 2003
Philly and Long Island
www.myspace.com
Hey what do you guys think of the openers for the North American tour? I thought Sonic Syndicate were laughably awful & did not come close to fitting in with the other bands or the crowd. Himsa put on a good live show & their music is pretty good but the pit was basically 4 or 5 people hardcore dancing, which I don't understand because their music doesn't call for hardcore dancing at all (they played maybe one breakdown). Discuss

It really pissed me off the crowd here shunned Sonic Syndicate then put the horns up for shitty Himsa. I liked Sonic Syndicate I don't care what anyone says.

Sonic Syndicate did in fact suck, at my concert, everyone sat down during Sonic Syndicate. At least Himsa weren't dressed like borderline emo kids, and weren't prancing around like.... a fake metal band.

Just listening to them.

Sonic Syndicate sound like Funeral for a Friend but even fucking worse.

Annoyed even more by how much they fucking suck their own cocks. "Groundbreaking killer riffs"? Fuck off. Cheeky overrated cunts.

Sonic Syndicate did in fact suck, at my concert, everyone sat down during Sonic Syndicate. At least Himsa weren't dressed like borderline emo kids, and weren't prancing around like.... a fake metal band.

You must have been at the Worchester show. I read about that on the local Seattle forum (it's legendary):

Remember Sonic Syndicate??? If you forgot...

Sonic Syndicate is lame. I provide this picture as evidence.
lolvp1.jpg

I just saw this on another board that someone got from yet another board..

So I was at the Worcester show last night and I was curious to see how the crowd would receive Sonic Syndicate. I assumed there would be boos and thumbs down and plenty of middle fingers and fuck offs, the fans brought this and even more. In the central mosh people were mocking them by doing little Pansie pushes and dancing but the climax came when the whole floor all at once sat on the ground still flipping them off it was perfect. Not a soul gave a serious cheer for them.

ssynet4.jpg

As for Himsa, they're from seattle. Most of the dudes seem ok, even though they suck. The singer works at a local venue though and he's one of the biggest dicks i've ever met. Little shit with a Napoleon complex.

I haven't seen either of the bands nor do I plant to. Just looking at the posted picture tells me what posers they are by some dude showing off his abdominal area along with the underwear, hehe, gay I say. Makes you wonder who puts these tour lines ups sometimes.

You must have been at the Worchester show. I read about that on the local Seattle forum (it's legendary):

As for Himsa, they're from seattle. Most of the dudes seem ok, even though they suck. The singer works at a local venue though and he's one of the biggest dicks i've ever met. Little shit with a Napoleon complex.

Sonic was meh, generic shit, and totally weren't even into it.

But i think the bass player wanted me, and that's kinda scary considering she looks like she's 14.

Himsa was great.

lmfao. clearly SS is tryin to get by on the singers pretty boy looks. looks like something out of an A&E catalogue. pretty fuckin' queer for a so-called "metal" band

My point exactly. It's ok for Himsa to play shitty music because they don't look like scene kids? Hey, it's the same thing we just heard 30 minutes ago but they don't look scene so lets put the horns up for them!

Hypocrites.

SS sucked but we had this band called Apothys open for our show and they tore the place apart.

DoomsdayZach, I was actually at the Poughkeepsie one, and there weren't that many people there at that point, when Himsa was getting their shit off stage, their singer was talking about how Sonic Syndicate sucks to people in the crowd, haha.

SS I think looked worse than they were. They weren't all the good, and all but one song sounded the same (especially the clean vox) but they didn't make my ears bleed or anything. I felt kind of bad for them after the Worcester crap. They handled it like pros though, just kept right on playing, so they get some credit for that.

Himsa I wasn't much impressed with either. They sounded closer to the style you'd expect for an opener but it still didn't entertain me much.

But i think the bass player wanted me,

Lucky! :p

Sonic Syndicate sucked. They needed 6 members to put on a shitty show. The bass player was terrible. She kept putting her foot up on the amp like she was going to do something epic and then she would play 1 note once ("THUMP") and take her foot back off and then the 3 strings players started hopping up and down in sync. I almost cried laughing. The two singers both sucked too.

Himsa wasn't much better but at least they didn't have a bout of synchronized hopping.

The first band that played was actually pretty good. Does anyone remember the name of the first band in the Philly show?

Sonic Syndicate sucked. They needed 6 members to put on a shitty show. The bass player was terrible. She kept putting her foot up on the amp like she was going to do something epic and then she would play 1 note once ("THUMP") and take her foot back off and then the 3 strings players started hopping up and down in sync. I almost cried laughing. The two singers both sucked too.

Himsa wasn't much better but at least they didn't have a bout of synchronized hopping.

The first band that played was actually pretty good. Does anyone remember the name of the first band in the Philly show?

Suter Cane