Opening for Blackfield in North America?

Beelz

New Metal Member
May 24, 2008
Hello,
there's no info on this on either Blackfield or Katationia's websites, but on the site where I can buy tickets for the Montreal gig on may 23rd, (Admission.com) it mentions Katatonia as the opening act. Anyone knows more about this?

Wow, I really hope this is true! At any rate, I just bought tickets to Blackfield's show in Seattle. If Katatonia is there, I may have to change my pants.

I already bought my Blackfield tickets for the Los Angeles show...really hoping Katatonia is on this too. I was also thinking of the possibility of Anathema opening for Blackfield. They just did a interview recently where Vincent Cavanagh said they would like to do a North American tour before the summer festivals...so I'm hoping for a Blackfield/Katatonia/Anathema tour, but I might be asking for too much.

tickets are now on sale, but they removed the mention of Katatonia. It's just Blackfield + guests.......so it may not happen after all. I'll wait 'til I buy any.

Anathema said in an interview a few weeks ago, whilst talking about what they had planned for 2011 (one of which is recording a new albm :) ) is that they said something about playing in America, so hopefuly you yanks will get some Anathema this year, and then you'lll realise there is no-one else better live. They did say last year that they'd hopefuly be playing America as PT would/might be taking them as supports. Who knows what will happen, its criminial that Anathema have not had a proper tour in the states yet.

Anathema said in an interview a few weeks ago, whilst talking about what they had planned for 2011 (one of which is recording a new albm :) ) is that they said something about playing in America, so hopefuly you yanks will get some Anathema this year, and then you'lll realise there is no-one else better live. They did say last year that they'd hopefuly be playing America as PT would/might be taking them as supports. Who knows what will happen, its criminial that Anathema have not had a proper tour in the states yet.

I doubt Anathema will ever tour the US. Never say never, but they don't exactly have a good track record with keeping their word on playing here over the last few decades :lol:.

Anyway, it looks like I'll be at the San Francisco Blackfield show. I will surely be partying with VIP access.

So its Blackfield with Anathema, who is going?

May 18 - 9:30 Club, Washington DC
May 19 - Theater of the Living Arts, Philadelphia, PA
May 20 - Irving Plaza, New York, NY
May 21 - Royale Boston, Boston, MA
May 23 - National, Montreal, QC
May 24 - Opera House, Toronto, ON
May 25 - House of Blues, Cleveland, OH
May 26 - St Andrews Hall, Detroit, MI
May 27 - Park West, Chicago, IL

I'll be at DC, Philly, NYC, and Boston.

To all US people who like Anathema, please, please, please make the effort to go out and see Anathema at least once. They are by far the best live band out there and you wont be disapointed, and after seeing Blackfield last night they are pretty good live too.

I'm sure the Anathema live material is lifted mainly off their last three albums with maybe Angelica thrown in and possibly a horrible non-downtuned rendition of sleepless. I applaud them for their musical evolution, but their change to an alternative rock band leaves me uncertain and Blackfield is a boring band imo. If I lived in one of these cities, I would check it out but I'm not going to take a trip to see them.

I'm sure the Anathema live material is lifted mainly off their last three albums with maybe Angelica thrown in and possibly a horrible non-downtuned rendition of sleepless. I applaud them for their musical evolution, but their change to an alternative rock band leaves me uncertain and Blackfield is a boring band imo. If I lived in one of these cities, I would check it out but I'm not going to take a trip to see them.

No they go back as far as The Silent Enigma, usually playing Sleepless or Dying Wish, but those two havent featured in a year or so. They play alot from Alternative 4, Judgement, A Fine Day To Exit, A Natural Disaster and obviously the new album. Im not sure I particularly get what makes you uncertain about how Anathema have progressed.

Anathema is amazing live. Theyre actually playing mexico after the us tour w/anneke van giersbergen as their opening act. I dont care much about her new music but her voice live is always a treat. Ok back on topic....