Opeth’s Equipment Thread

Just to let you guys know,

It's laneys 40th birthday, but that doesn't matter, the have this flash thingy on their site, congratulations from MICHEAL! They can't even spell his name lol..:zombie:

Neither can they spell peters name... Peter Lundgren - Opeth

Shit laney

I've seen Mike with a red PRS a couple of times...

06.html

They can't even spell his name lol..:zombie:

Neither can they spell peters name... Peter Lundgren - Opeth

:lol:

to my knowledge lindgren has:

PRS custom 24 amber quilt top
PRS custom 24 black burst flame
PRS singlecut black cherry
Gibson les paul custom 1974

possibly more since then.

Thanks, info added. :)

I've seen Mike with a red PRS a couple of times...

I don't know which one it is... Ok, it's a PRS but :Smug: It's cool though. Thanks.

Last time I saw opeth, Peter played an absolutely beautiful flamed-top blue/white Custom 24. Can't find any pics of it, though.

edit -
253492107_05cca7573b_o.jpg

I've also seen pics of Mike using a red flamed-top singlecut. let me try to track down some pictures.

edit - here's one of mike's. the picture was taken at the Roundhouse gig, so we'll probably see this guitar on the dvd

435632861_4b88539a07_o.jpg

I have a Marshall tsl100 head and marshall 1960a cab and i think the distortion sucks!! which in itself sucks since I saved up to this combo and don't have the cash to buy a 5150 or something right now!

Since i hear that Opeth use the Boss GT-8 into the Laney heads and i absolutely love their sound on the lamentations DVD and other livestuff ive seen on youtube i was thinking of maybe getting myself one of these??!? Anybody uses one with a Tubehead and can give me some feedback???
I also like the idea of having that many effects/stomboxes in one unit??

I have a Marshall tsl100 head and marshall 1960a cab and i think the distortion sucks!! which in itself sucks since I saved up to this combo and don't have the cash to buy a 5150 or something right now!

Since i hear that Opeth use the Boss GT-8 into the Laney heads and i absolutely love their sound on the lamentations DVD and other livestuff ive seen on youtube i was thinking of maybe getting myself one of these??!? Anybody uses one with a Tubehead and can give me some feedback???
I also like the idea of having that many effects/stomboxes in one unit??

I tried using the distortion from the GT-8 with my Laney tube head, but the sound sucks compared to the Laney distortion. It lacks power or something. It sounds a little bit too much "modeled sound"... I mean it doesn't really sound like a good amp. I don't know exactly how Opeth does to have such a nice sound. A lot of other people also don't understand.

they get their distortion sound from the head. I'm sure at 100%. Like Lamentationtribute said the distortion of an effect box is way too modeled. I think they use the GT-8 for effect such as: Chorus, Flanger, Delay, Reverb, etc. The cool thing with the GT-8 is that it works like a Midi footcontrol. You can pass from your clean channel with a slight modeled distortion sound on the GT-8 to a crunchier sound from the Lead Chanel of The head without any problem.

i'm pretty sure I saw an interview with Peter where he said they leave their laneys on the clean channel and EVERYTHING comes from the gt-6.

Sadly for everyone, including everyone who own a gt-6 or 8, they actually really do you the distortion of the pedalboard... but I use the distortion of the Laney, with the effects (delay, chorus, etc) of the gt-8, using a midi controller

EDIT: By "sadly" I mean frustrating that we cannot get such a great sound with the gt-8

I can believe that they use the boss board for their heavy tones....being the guitar snob that I am, their heavy tones on the rhythm parts are nothing to write home about..love their clean/semi-clean ones though....and the lead tones are okay too....I think they must use the gt-6/8 for acoustic modeling too...