Opeth abuse on myspace

Close enough. Damn, I wish I listened to Opeth when I was 12. Good for you :D. Who got you into Opeth?

My brother did, and I thank God (and my brother) that he did. The first song I heard was To Bid You Farewell because he was using it to make this Operation: Iraqi Freedom video. The song moved me a lot and it was so excellent. I had never heard anything like it before and once the heavy part kicked in i was blown away.

The next song I heard was Master's Apprentice which introduced me to the death vocals which I immediatly enjoyed. It just wouldn't be the same without the vocals. From there I heard many other Opeth songs and was immediatly hooked. I had been into metal for a while and so Opeth just came naturally. It is weird, sometimes I will hear a new band and be into them quite a lot, but in the end, I always fall back and listen to more and more Opeth. It just is so original and can be listened to in large quantities (unlike some music).

So, yes, thank God for my brother's great taste in music, for if it were not for him, I would probably never have heard of Opeth and quite a few other bands.

Mr. Bland said:
My brother did, and I thank God (and my brother) that he did. The first song I heard was To Bid You Farewell because he was using it to make this Operation: Iraqi Freedom video. The song moved me a lot and it was so excellent. I had never heard anything like it before and once the heavy part kicked in i was blown away.

The next song I heard was Master's Apprentice which introduced me to the death vocals which I immediatly enjoyed. It just wouldn't be the same without the vocals. From there I heard many other Opeth songs and was immediatly hooked. I had been into metal for a while and so Opeth just came naturally. It is weird, sometimes I will hear a new band and be into them quite a lot, but in the end, I always fall back and listen to more and more Opeth. It just is so original and can be listened to in large quantities (unlike some music).

So, yes, thank God for my brother's great taste in music, for if it were not for him, I would probably never have heard of Opeth and quite a few other bands.

Awesome story. Kudos.